    for wifi router or Vista. Is this a known problem in Vista?
    --

    cheers
    Warwick, May 5, 2007

  2. Warwick

    XPD Guest

    "Warwick" <> wrote in message
    news:1b2e3lq3lfzb5.1w4h1axmqq4j0$...
    > new laptop with wifi. wifi set to automatically connect to
    > network. After hibernate is does not automatically connect.
    > After shutdown it does. No new updates or drivers available
    > for wifi router or Vista. Is this a known problem in Vista?

    I never use hibernate - it chews up a good whack of HDD.
    Also, I have had issues with hardware waking up again after being in
    hibernation.
    Just seems to be one of those things.... Im on XP btw, not Vista.
    XPD, May 5, 2007

  3. Warwick

    Damos Guest

    On Sat, 05 May 2007 14:45:33 +1200, Warwick <> wrote:

    > new laptop with wifi. wifi set to automatically connect to
    > network. After hibernate is does not automatically connect.
    > After shutdown it does. No new updates or drivers available
    > for wifi router or Vista. Is this a known problem in Vista?

    Similar problem with a Toshima M50 running xp also had tendency to crash
    into blue screen if tried to get start up after hybernating. In the end
    decided just to turn hybernating off completely ie either I'm using the
    thing or not. If not just shut the thing down the old fashioned way.

    D.

    --
    "It's a foreboding I have - maybe ill placed - of my children's generation
    or my grandchildren's generation ... when clutching our horoscopes, our

    Carl Sagan.
    Damos, May 5, 2007
  4. Warwick

    Warwick Guest

    On Sat, 5 May 2007 14:45:33 +1200, Warwick wrote:

    > new laptop with wifi. wifi set to automatically connect to
    > network. After hibernate is does not automatically connect.
    > After shutdown it does. No new updates or drivers available
    > for wifi router or Vista. Is this a known problem in Vista?

    Cracked it. It is possible to exclude devices from being
    shutdown by hibernate in Vista.
    --

    cheers
    Warwick, May 5, 2007