Vista help needed

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Zygon Curry, Jan 27, 2007.

  1. Zygon Curry

    Zygon Curry Guest

    Hi

    I've just installed Vista and I have a few questions that I need some
    help with. If anyone knows the answers to the questions below then
    it'll be much appreciated. Thanks.

    1) How do turn off Vista's built-in support for Zip Folders? I'd
    rather have the Zip files remain as as files rather then folders. You
    could so it with XP via a registry edit. Anyone know what the Vista
    equivalent is?

    2) Are there are tweaking tools available for Vista yet? e.g. like
    TweakUI or Winboost?

    3) How can I hide Drives in Vista? I have one partition which I keep
    hidden in XP for important files. I'm sure I did that with a tweaking
    tool of some sort.

    4) When any of the DVD Drives are clicked on in Windows Explorer the
    drive's tray instantly ejects and doesn't close until it's closed
    manually. Is there a way to disable it from opening when clicked on?

    Zygon Curry, Jan 27, 2007

  2. Zygon Curry

    elaich Guest

    Zygon Curry <> wrote in

    > I've just installed Vista

    Then you just proved yourself an idiot.

    --
    A: Because it disturbs the logical flow of the message.
    Q: Why is top posting frowned upon?

    elaich, Jan 28, 2007

  3. Zygon Curry

    Zygon Curry Guest

    On 28 Jan 2007 08:42:11 GMT, elaich <> wrote:

    >Then you just proved yourself an idiot.

    If you can't post anything usefu and civilised then don't post.

    Zygon Curry, Jan 28, 2007
  4. Zygon Curry

    Zygon Curry Guest

    On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 10:36:38 GMT, Demon Lord of Confusion
    <> wrote:

    >Hey, nice to see a familiar nym in here! Hey, Zygon, is Yads still
    >posting nigh-incomprehensible one-liners?

    As far as I know he still is. It's been a while since I was last in
    that newsgroup!

    Zygon Curry, Jan 28, 2007
  5. Zygon Curry

    Moderator Guest

    Who the **** died and made you the boss, you ****?

    Moderator, Jan 28, 2007
  6. Zygon Curry

    Bert Hyman Guest

    In news: Zygon Curry
    <> wrote:

    > 1) How do turn off Vista's built-in support for Zip Folders? I'd
    > rather have the Zip files remain as as files rather then folders. You
    > could so it with XP via a registry edit. Anyone know what the Vista
    > equivalent is?

    XP didn't require a registry edit, you just unregistered ZIPFLDR.DLL:

    regsvr32 /u zipfldr.dll

    Never having seen Vista, I have no idea if that still does anything
    useful.

    --
    Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN

    Bert Hyman, Jan 28, 2007
  7. On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 13:12:40 +0000, Zygon Curry wrote:

    > On 28 Jan 2007 08:42:11 GMT, elaich <> wrote:
    >

    >>Then you just proved yourself an idiot.

    > If you can't post anything usefu and civilised then don't post.

    Oh, a group moderator!

    <PLONK>

    --
    M$ Windows - the greatest computer
    virus ever written.

    William Poaster, Jan 28, 2007
  8. Zygon Curry wrote:
    > On 28 Jan 2007 08:42:11 GMT, elaich <> wrote:
    >

    >>Then you just proved yourself an idiot.

    > If you can't post anything usefu and civilised then don't post.

    I just checked my usefu and it's not too strong today. My Googlefu is
    looking pretty good, though. Ommmmmmm......

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Jan 28, 2007