    Installed the newest Nvidia rc2 drivers to no avail.
    Any ideas? (my kids are getting mad on me)
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Nov 12, 2006

  2. Uproar in the family? We can't have that, Carlos. My first thought is the
    driver, an earlier driver might work or go try:

    http://www.ngohq.com/

    I don't know about their current status on Vista drivers, but they do good
    stuff, so worth checking.

    I havn't tried the sim on my fresh x2 Vista installation myself yet. See if
    I get time tomorrow?

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Nov 13, 2006

  3. FS200R was working fine until I placed the darned dual core.
    Grrrrr
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Nov 13, 2006
  4. Tony:
    There can be no "earlier" drivers for Vista rc2.
    NVidia's 96.85 are the only guaranteed to work with this version.
    I would not try rc1's.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Nov 13, 2006
  5. Yea, well - One bit of consolation might be one forum I just visited, one
    guy with connections inside nVidia reported DX10 drivers to be ready by the
    end of the month (if all goes well! If not, early December.)

    Under NDA, he wouldn't comment on the performance, but assured us we would
    like it!

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Nov 13, 2006
  6. Seing you are out of options, one way that might work is to un-install FS
    and re-install it. If I'm not mistaken it goes through a fair bit of
    hardware recognition while installing - it may need to tune in to the more
    powerfull machinery?

    You should be able to remove it and have it keep the planes and sceneries
    you added.

    Good Luck!

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Nov 13, 2006
  7. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Or just send the kids outside to play. It's almost summer. :)

    John Barnes, Nov 13, 2006
  8. Great idea - here's a link for inspiration!

    http://www.gddweb.org/plans.html

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Nov 13, 2006
  9. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Sun, 12 Nov 2006 17:25:01 -0800, Carlos
    <> wrote:

    >FS200R was working fine until I placed the darned dual core.

    Wanna swap it for my AMD64/3000? :))

    But, did you check if the latest processor-drivers are installed?

    jud

    Jud Hendrix, Nov 13, 2006
  10. Jud:
    There are no AMD specific processor drivers for Vista in www.amd.com.
    I am using the ones included with the OS.
    Carlos
    P.S.: And no, I am not trading my dual-core processor :)

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Nov 13, 2006
  11. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    Dennis Pack Guest

    Carlos:
    Setting the refresh rate on the monitorto 75hz may help.

    Dennis Pack, Nov 13, 2006
  12. Dennis:
    I had already tried that.
    Also changed screen resolutions, refresh rates.
    Switching to windowed mode seems to "cure" it but it is painfully slow.
    There must be some tweak to tackle the dual core issue hanging around.
    We are currently reinstalling the game.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Nov 13, 2006