    refuses to work.

    Suspect it is only some security setting getting in the way but it is a
    nuisance.

    collector«NZ, Jul 29, 2007

  2. collector«NZ wrote:
    > My original install was getting a bit untidy with all the fiddling I had
    > been doing finding out about VISTA Ultimate, so I decided to do a re
    > install!
    >
    > Now that was no great effort, but before the re install I was
    > successfully using Picasa and Google earth to GeoTag photos, after the
    > re install and installing the latest copies of both programs GeoTag just
    > refuses to work.
    >
    > Suspect it is only some security setting getting in the way but it is a
    > nuisance.

    BTW my cure, let it be and utilize the old win2k box which I semiretired
    when I got the Dual Core 6400 for Vista ultimate. Same solution I choose
    for my DivX Pro converter which doesn't work in Vista. No biggie to wait
    for the solution to come along

    collector«NZ, Jul 29, 2007

  3. collector«NZ

    Mickey Mouse Guest

    "collector«NZ" <> wrote in message

    > re install and installing the latest copies of both programs GeoTag just
    > refuses to work.

    Some suggestions are made about reverting to an earlier version (like 2.5
    [32.95 or 32.97]).

    Alternatively, if you want to test something if you think it may be security
    related... Try right clicking on the app and choose "Run as Administrator"
    (assuming you haven't already disabled UAC).

    Mickey Mouse, Jul 29, 2007
  4. collector«NZ

    EMB Guest

    Mickey Mouse wrote:
    > "collector«NZ" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> re install and installing the latest copies of both programs GeoTag
    >> just refuses to work.

    > Some suggestions are made about reverting to an earlier version (like
    > 2.5 [32.95 or 32.97]).
    >
    > Alternatively, if you want to test something if you think it may be
    > security related... Try right clicking on the app and choose "Run as
    > Administrator" (assuming you haven't already disabled UAC).

    I'd be fairly certain he has killed off UAC - it's a neat idea that
    really pisses both Collector and I off.

    EMB, Jul 29, 2007
  5. collector«NZ

    Mickey Mouse Guest

    "EMB" <> wrote in message news:46ac59c4$...

    > I'd be fairly certain he has killed off UAC - it's a neat idea that
    > really pisses both Collector and I off.

    I liken it to training wheels.

    Mickey Mouse, Jul 29, 2007
  6. collector«NZ

    EMB Guest

    Mickey Mouse wrote:
    > "EMB" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> I'd be fairly certain he has killed off UAC - it's a neat idea that
    >> really pisses both Collector and I off.

    > I liken it to training wheels.

    I think of it as (l)user-proofing.

    EMB, Jul 29, 2007
  7. In message <46ac1f6d$>, collector«NZ wrote:

    > My original install was getting a bit untidy with all the fiddling I had
    > been doing finding out about VISTA Ultimate, so I decided to do a re
    > install!
    >
    > Now that was no great effort, but before the re install I was
    > successfully using Picasa and Google earth to GeoTag photos, after the
    > re install and installing the latest copies of both programs GeoTag just
    > refuses to work.

    Nonsense. You can't possibly be having any problems with Vista. Everybody
    knows it works perfectly. PERFECTLY, you hear me?

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jul 29, 2007
  8. Mickey Mouse wrote:
    > "EMB" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> I'd be fairly certain he has killed off UAC - it's a neat idea that
    >> really pisses both Collector and I off.

    > I liken it to training wheels.

    I liken it to Bondage

    collector«NZ, Jul 29, 2007
  9. Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    > In message <46ac1f6d$>, collector«NZ wrote:
    >
    >> My original install was getting a bit untidy with all the fiddling I had
    >> been doing finding out about VISTA Ultimate, so I decided to do a re
    >> install!
    >>
    >> Now that was no great effort, but before the re install I was
    >> successfully using Picasa and Google earth to GeoTag photos, after the
    >> re install and installing the latest copies of both programs GeoTag just
    >> refuses to work.

    > Nonsense. You can't possibly be having any problems with Vista. Everybody
    > knows it works perfectly. PERFECTLY, you hear me?

    Of course master (wiping snotty nose on sleeve) your so right master (in
    a sub servant squeakie voice) I will go immediately and give myself
    forty lashes for my sins (with a bloody big grin on face)

    collector«NZ, Jul 29, 2007
  10. Mickey Mouse wrote:
    > "collector«NZ" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> re install and installing the latest copies of both programs GeoTag
    >> just refuses to work.

    > Some suggestions are made about reverting to an earlier version (like
    > 2.5 [32.95 or 32.97]).
    >
    > Alternatively, if you want to test something if you think it may be
    > security related... Try right clicking on the app and choose "Run as
    > Administrator" (assuming you haven't already disabled UAC).

    Difficulty is even Run as Administrator has limitations on it

    collector«NZ, Jul 29, 2007