    Anybody got this card working with vista? What driver are you using?

    thanks

    Bruce

    =?Utf-8?B?QnJ1Y2U=?=, Apr 12, 2007

  2. Hi
    May be this can Help, http://www.trendnet.com/support/vista.htm
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Apr 12, 2007

  3. Thanks but I've tried this. Vista refuses to use these drivers. When I remove
    from system32/drivers the drivers vista wants and place the trendnet download
    drvers in system32/drivers I can at least get vista device manager to load
    them. vista wouldn't load them if I use the browse function. But the
    downloaded drivers still wouldn't start. Trendnet support says not to use
    their drivers in vista even though the site offers them as a download.

    So I probably need someone who actually has this card working and determine
    what driver is being used.

    =?Utf-8?B?QnJ1Y2U=?=, Apr 13, 2007
  4. Hi
    Id. which chipset is used by this card, and try to find the OEM drivers
    from the chipset maker.
    As an example, I have TrendNet 424, the chipset is Realtek, and the Realtek
    OEM drivers works well with Vista,
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Apr 13, 2007
  5. The trendnet 423pi b1 uses Marvell 88W88335-TGJ chipsets. Couln't find much
    on their web site, the site is designed for vendors not consumers. Also
    looked on driverguide.com.

    Since once it worked, with the initial oem dvd vista, I suspect that a
    working driver is on the system but for some reason vista things the
    mrvw13b.sys is a better fit. I figured out how to get mrvw13b.sys off the
    system by removing the driver plus the stuff in driverstore. I guess I could
    remove 1 by 1 each driver vista wants to load and home that eventually I get
    one that works.

    I put a driver request on driverguide, maybe someone will have this card
    working in vista and let me know which driver they are using.

    This has been a bit of time sink so I'll just string a wire from my router
    and home I don't trip over the cable.

    Thanks for the help. If I get a solution, I'll post it.

    Bruce

    =?Utf-8?B?QnJ1Y2U=?=, Apr 14, 2007