Vista deleting, copying files very slow!!

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Marian Pudek, Jul 6, 2007.

  1. Marian Pudek

    Marian Pudek Guest

    Hello everybody,

    This is my second post on the same topic, although I had some very helpful
    suggestions unfortunately they didn't work out.

    I have problems with deleting, moving and copying files regardless of their
    format
    that is whether graphic or text. I've to wait for about 30 seconds before
    it is deleted.
    The same in Recycle Bin as well. I click on to delete file a dialog box
    appears which says
    "calculating time reaming" and after about 20 to 30 seconds finally is
    deleted.

    However when I click CANCEL in the dialog box, the response is SERVER BUSY
    THIS ACTION CAN NOT BE COMPLETED BECAUSE OTHER PROGRAM IS BUSY
    Click "SWITCH TO" to activate the busy program and correct the problem.
    After I click Switch to it generally deletes the file.
    The question is what program and where it is??

    Does anyone can provide advice how to deal with it?
    Or anyone had this kind of experience? Please help?
    In Windows Mail the deleting files is - normal.

    Thanks Marian
    Marian Pudek, Jul 6, 2007

  2. Marian Pudek

    babaloo Guest

    Among the many factors that make Vista the worst product ever released by
    Microsoft is that Vista is very slow on all file operations compared to XP.
    There is no good reason for this other than very poor programming by
    Microsoft with far too many background operations hogging the system.
    Microsoft either assumed no one would notice or increasingly fast computers
    would hide their lazy programming.
    For example installing the identical program in XP is generally several
    minutes (minutes, not seconds) faster than installing the same program in
    Vista.
    Depending on the components in your computer (cpu, type of hard drive, RAM)
    what you are experiencing may be "normal."
    Vista is that slow.
    If you can configure your system for a dual boot with XP I strongly
    recommend you do so. XP will allow you to do real work with your computer
    instead of endlessly twiddling with the operating system. If Microsoft
    issues a service patch (essentially a rewrite of Vista) you can switch to
    Vista.
    Vista has better Hearts and Solitaire games, but playing those games is
    about all Vista is good for.
    babaloo, Jul 7, 2007

  3. Marian Pudek

    Dan Espen Guest

    "babaloo" <> writes:

    > Vista has better Hearts and Solitaire games, but playing those games is
    > about all Vista is good for.

    Hi there. This was cross posted to comp.windows.x.
    Please refrain from doing so, the comp.windows.x group is
    not about MS Windows.

    A lot of Linux users over here, I guess the travails of Vista has
    some amusement value for us, but it is off-topic.

    Good luck.
    Dan Espen, Jul 7, 2007
  4. Marian Pudek

    tony sayer Guest

    In article <>, Dan Espen <.
    SPAMtelcordia.com> writes
    >"babaloo" <> writes:
    >
    >> Vista has better Hearts and Solitaire games, but playing those games is
    >> about all Vista is good for.

    >Hi there. This was cross posted to comp.windows.x.
    >Please refrain from doing so, the comp.windows.x group is
    >not about MS Windows.
    >
    >A lot of Linux users over here, I guess the travails of Vista has
    >some amusement value for us, but it is off-topic.
    >
    >Good luck.

    Aww...c'mon, your enjoying it, aren't you?, really;!....
    --
    Tony Sayer
    tony sayer, Jul 7, 2007
  5. Marian Pudek

    Lew Pitcher Guest

    Marian Pudek wrote:
    > Hello everybody,
    >
    > This is my second post on the same topic, although I had some very helpful
    > suggestions unfortunately they didn't work out.
    >
    > I have problems with deleting, moving and copying files regardless of
    > their format

    [snip]

    I'm sorry, but this forum (comp.windows.x) can't help you.

    You see, the comp.windows.x forum is for the discussion of the X network
    protocol, and the graphical windowing environments that use it. This
    forum has nothing to do with Microsoft Windows except perhaps discussing
    X implementations on that platform.

    Your question has nothing to do with X, and probably should be asked in
    one of the comp.os.ms-windows.* newsgroups instead.

    I'm sorry,

    --
    Lew Pitcher

    Lew Pitcher, Jul 8, 2007
  6. On Sat, 07 Jul 2007 22:54:39 -0400, Lew Pitcher
    <> wrote:

    >Marian Pudek wrote:
    >> Hello everybody,
    >>
    >> This is my second post on the same topic, although I had some very helpful
    >> suggestions unfortunately they didn't work out.
    >>
    >> I have problems with deleting, moving and copying files regardless of
    >> their format

    >[snip]
    >
    >I'm sorry, but this forum (comp.windows.x) can't help you.
    >
    >You see, the comp.windows.x forum is for the discussion of the X network
    >protocol, and the graphical windowing environments that use it. This
    >forum has nothing to do with Microsoft Windows except perhaps discussing
    >X implementations on that platform.
    >
    >Your question has nothing to do with X, and probably should be asked in
    >one of the comp.os.ms-windows.* newsgroups instead.
    >
    >I'm sorry,

    After all that you would think he wouldn't crosspost himself. LOL!
    Adam Albright, Jul 8, 2007
  7. Marian Pudek

    sandy58 Guest

    Re: Vista deleting, copying files very slow!!

    On Jul 8, 3:54 am, Lew Pitcher <> wrote:
    > Marian Pudek wrote:
    > > Hello everybody,

    > > This is my second post on the same topic, although I had some very helpful
    > > suggestions unfortunately they didn't work out.

    > > I have problems with deleting, moving and copying files regardless of
    > > their format

    > [snip]
    >
    > I'm sorry, but this forum (comp.windows.x) can't help you.
    >
    > You see, the comp.windows.x forum is for the discussion of the X network
    > protocol, and the graphical windowing environments that use it. This
    > forum has nothing to do with Microsoft Windows except perhaps discussing
    > X implementations on that platform.
    >
    > Your question has nothing to do with X, and probably should be asked in
    > one of the comp.os.ms-windows.* newsgroups instead.
    >
    > I'm sorry,
    >
    > --
    > Lew Pitcher
    >
    > Master Codewright & JOAT-in-training | Registered Linux User #112576http://pitcher.digitalfreehold.ca/ | GPG public key available by request
    > ---------- Slackware - Because I know what I'm doing. ------

    Forum? This is a news group, no?
    sandy58, Jul 12, 2007
  8. Marian Pudek

    Ork . Guest

    Re: Vista deleting, copying files very slow!!

    I have spent several months sliming down my Vista machine..
    I stopped a lot of programs from starting up, done some Vista tweaks..
    uninstalled a few useless programs, deleted a lot of sample pictures and
    videos among other things..
    Added a 1gb jump drive for alternate memory backup.
    ..
    I am just about up to W-XP speed..

    http://community.webtv.net/Geo_H/Signature
    Ork ., Jul 18, 2007
  9. Marian Pudek

    Marian Pudek Guest

    Re: Vista deleting, copying files very slow!!

    Hi There,
    It sounds like a good idea.
    I did some of it and I'm not there yet.
    I appreciate your comments!!

    Marian
    ----------------

    Marian Pudek, Jul 21, 2007
  10. Marian Pudek

    Wizard Guest

    Re: Vista deleting, copying files very slow!!

    Hard to believe. I have done the same tweaking for 6 months and Vista is
    still 30% slower than XP in a dual boot setup.
    Vista Sucks and M$ ought to be ashamed.

    Wizard, Jul 25, 2007
  11. Marian Pudek

    On Jul 6, 8:04 pm, "Marian Pudek" <> wrote:
    > Hello everybody,
    >
    > This is my second post on the same topic, although I had some very helpful
    > suggestions unfortunately they didn't work out.
    >
    > I have problems with deleting, moving and copying files regardless of their
    > format
    > that is whether graphic or text. I've to wait for about 30 seconds before
    > it is deleted.
    > The same in Recycle Bin as well. I click on to delete file a dialog box
    > appears which says
    > "calculating time reaming" and after about 20 to 30 seconds finally is
    > deleted.
    >
    > However when I click CANCEL in the dialog box, the response is SERVER BUSY
    > THIS ACTION CAN NOT BE COMPLETED BECAUSE OTHER PROGRAM IS BUSY
    > Click "SWITCH TO" to activate the busy program and correct the problem.
    > After I click Switch to it generally deletes the file.
    > The question is what program and where it is??
    >
    > Does anyone can provide advice how to deal with it?
    > Or anyone had this kind of experience? Please help?
    > In Windows Mail the deleting files is - normal.
    >
    > Thanks Marian

    "Voi qui entrate in Microsoft lasciate ogni speranza"

    Tried all of that :
    Remote differential compression to uncheck
    It does not work for me and it has no reason to work for a local
    drive !
    Nothing found on microsoft except this advice

    Remote differential compression unchecked
    Indexing unchecked
    Windows defender inactivated
    DFS unchecked

    According to all cures to apply

    Unfortunatey still 50 seconds to rename or delete a directory...

    The truth is that m$ is a very heavy bull ****.

    Better install ubuntu
    Remaining problem is how to be refunded for vista i never asked for...
    , Aug 17, 2007
  12. Marian Pudek

    HO Soi Fong Guest

    Re: Vista deleting, copying files very slow!!

    In comp.windows.x wrote:
    I am using MS Wondows Vista too and I have found such problem too.
    For copying files or delete files, the os spends a lot of time to calculate the file size and the operating time needed. Simetime, such wasting of time even makes the system without response and I need to terminate it. Such problem is more significate when I am process the date though the old flash menory.> On Jul 6, 8:04 pm, "Marian Pudek" <> wrote:

    HO Soi Fong, Sep 6, 2007