    sorted etc, and will take me many hours to get it all back on to how it was.

    thanks for any advice
    Ian

    Ian Hooksem, Oct 16, 2008

  2. Ian Hooksem

    Tony in Oz Guest

    "Ian Hooksem" <> wrote in message
    news:SwvJk.103651$2...
    > Hi Group
    > Afraid so.... clicked the wrong button at the wrong moment - and deleted
    > My Music. About 80gb of MP3s.
    > Went to Recycle bin, but none of it is there - too big to fit in the bin I
    > assume.
    > I have got 150gb free space on the HDD, so will it all still be there
    > somewhere?
    > How can I get it back please?
    >
    > Most of it is backed up, but spread over loads of devices, not properly
    > sorted etc, and will take me many hours to get it all back on to how it
    > was.
    >
    > thanks for any advice
    > Ian

    Don't use your computer!! Remove the HD to another machine, install
    it as a slave drive. Google for free undelete programs. I find
    majorgeeks.com to be helpful. Run your undelete program, it should show you
    what deleted files are recoverable. You obviously at some stage have ticked
    the box to "not show this message again" when the message come up "are you
    sure you want to delete this, because its too big for the recycle bin."
    Silly boy. 99 times out of 100 its an extra click, but that one time it can
    save you a lot of work. Cheers

    Tony in Oz, Oct 16, 2008

  3. Ian Hooksem

    Ian Hooksem Guest

    Ian Hooksem wrote:
    > Hi Group
    > Afraid so.... clicked the wrong button at the wrong moment - and deleted
    > My Music. About 80gb of MP3s.
    > Went to Recycle bin, but none of it is there - too big to fit in the bin
    > I assume.
    > I have got 150gb free space on the HDD, so will it all still be there
    > somewhere?
    > How can I get it back please?
    >
    > Most of it is backed up, but spread over loads of devices, not properly
    > sorted etc, and will take me many hours to get it all back on to how it
    > was.
    >
    > thanks for any advice
    > Ian

    thanks Tony for taking the trouble to reply.
    Just before I saw your post I learned elsewhere about undelete-plus, so
    I downoaded it, and it found everything! Brilliant little programme.
    But taking a long time to undelete, which is understandable, so I have
    needed to undelete the essential stuff, and then I will use my various
    back ups a it will be quicker.
    thanks again.

    Ian Hooksem, Oct 16, 2008