Vista crap???

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Christopher Syn, May 2, 2007.

  1. If you have purchased a Toshiba computer with Windows Vista Business or
    Windows Vista Ultimate pre-installed, Windows Vista downgrade rights permit
    you to 'downgrade' to any version of Windows XP Professional (including
    Tablet PC Edition & x64 Edition). In this context, downgrade means to
    install and use Windows XP Professional in place of Windows Vista. You may
    downgrade to either a new copy of Windows XP, or to a copy that has already
    been installed (and activated) on another computer.

    These downgrade rights are granted by Microsoft Corporation. For further
    information on this topic, contact Microsoft, or visit microsoft.com.

    When you downgrade to a previously activated copy of Windows XP, the online
    activation procedure will fail, and you will be prompted to call the
    Microsoft Activation Support Line (866-740-1256). The Support Line staff
    will verify that you have a valid Windows Vista Business or Windows Vista
    Ultimate license and will assist you with the activation of your copy of
    Windows XP

    Windows Vista downgrade rights permit you to use either Windows XP or
    Windows Vista on your computer, but not both. The most straightforward way
    to downgrade from Windows Vista to Windows XP is to back up all of your data
    files and documents, format the hard disk drive, and then install Windows
    XP. Before you downgrade to Windows XP, you may wish to use the software
    (included with some Toshiba computers) that allows you to create recovery
    media, from which you could re-install Windows Vista in the future.

    You must possess or obtain your own copy of Windows XP for downgrading.
    Toshiba does not provide copies of Windows XP for this purpose.

    Only Windows Vista Business and Windows Vista Ultimate may be downgraded.
    Windows Vista Home Basic and Windows Vista Home Premium may not be
    downgraded.

    Windows Vista downgrade rights support downgrading to Windows XP
    Professional only, and not to Windows XP Home, and not to Windows 2000 or
    other earlier versions of the Windows operating system.

    Windows Vista downgrade rights also permit you to later re-install your copy
    of Windows Vista -- once you have removed your copy of Windows XP from the
    computer.

    Christopher Syn, May 2, 2007

  2. Christopher Syn

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    Man please, stop your whining. What's your point? If you can't deal with it,
    may I suggest that you skip and hippty hop over to Linux.

    Mr. Arnold, May 2, 2007

  3. Christopher Syn

    Guest

    "Christopher Syn" <> wrote:

    >If you have purchased a Toshiba computer with Windows Vista Business or
    >Windows Vista Ultimate pre-installed, Windows Vista downgrade rights permit
    >you to 'downgrade' to any version of Windows XP Professional (including
    >Tablet PC Edition & x64 Edition). In this context, downgrade means to
    >install and use Windows XP Professional in place of Windows Vista. You may
    >downgrade to either a new copy of Windows XP, or to a copy that has already
    >been installed (and activated) on another computer.

    There is an alternative now that's been loooong in coming.

    Dell To Offer Ubuntu
    http://www.ubuntu.com/news/dell-to-offer-ubuntu
    http://direct2dell.com/one2one/archive/2007/05/01/13147.aspx

    --
    09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    http://rudd-o.com/archives/2007/04/30/spread-this-number/

    , May 2, 2007
  4. no one is whining, this is reverse engineering

    Christopher Syn, May 2, 2007
  5. Christopher Syn

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    "Christopher Syn" <> wrote in message
    > no one is whining, this is reverse engineering

    Yeah, yeah I just purchased a new laptop. Every store I went into and on
    every computer there was Vista.

    I just purchased Vista Ultimate, because Home Premium that came with the
    laptop doesn't come with the full version of IIS 7.0 that I need to do
    development work.

    How many purchasers of new computers are even going to go back to a
    previous version of the NT based O/S? There are not going to be many that
    will do it.

    How many purchasers of new computers are even going to bother with Linux,
    even with Linux being a viable solution on a Dell computer, the other poster
    is making? There are not going to be many that will deal with it.

    Vista is here and no one is going backwards or jumping ship to another
    solution. Those are the facts.

    Mr. Arnold, May 2, 2007
  6. Christopher Syn

    WhzzKdd Guest

    > If you have purchased a Toshiba computer with Windows Vista Business or
    > Windows Vista Ultimate pre-installed,

    Snip excessive verbage containing no pertinent query.

    > Windows Vista downgrade rights also permit you to later re-install your
    > copy of Windows Vista -- once you have removed your copy of Windows XP
    > from the computer.

    Is there a question here somewhere, or are you just whining?

    WhzzKdd, May 2, 2007
  7. Christopher Syn

    sittingduck Guest

    Christopher Syn wrote:

    > with Windows Vista Business or
    > Windows Vista Ultimate pre-installed, Windows Vista downgrade rights
    > permit you to 'downgrade' to any version of Windows XP Professional
    > (including Tablet PC Edition & x64 Edition). I

    Sounds like an UPGRADE to me....

    sittingduck, May 2, 2007
  8. Christopher Syn

    sittingduck Guest

    Mr. Arnold wrote:

    > Vista is here and no one is going backwards or jumping ship to another
    > solution. Those are the facts.

    Guess I'll have to stay in the stone age then... cuz that shit aint gonna go
    on my computers. And if I buy one that has it on there, (very unlikely) it's
    getting removed straightaway.

    sittingduck, May 2, 2007
  9. Christopher Syn

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    "sittingduck" <> wrote in message
    > Mr. Arnold wrote:
    >
    >> Vista is here and no one is going backwards or jumping ship to another
    >> solution. Those are the facts.

    > Guess I'll have to stay in the stone age then... cuz that shit aint gonna
    > go
    > on my computers. And if I buy one that has it on there, (very unlikely)
    > it's
    > getting removed straightaway.

    That's your problem not mine. And may I suggest you get a case of Charmin
    for your shitting issues and make sure you wipe well.

    Mr. Arnold, May 2, 2007
  10. Christopher Syn

    sittingduck Guest

    Mr. Arnold wrote:

    > That's your problem not mine. And may I suggest you get a case of Charmin
    > for your shitting issues and make sure you wipe well.

    Your obvious intelligence and extreme wit astounds me. You win.

    sittingduck, May 2, 2007
  11. Christopher Syn

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    <Plank> - That's a soft logical <plonk>.

    BrokenDuck, quack your broken beak and shake your broken tail feathers in
    front of your mama and papa. Maybe, they will listen to your quack and
    whine. I am sure you have put on quite the show for them over the years.

    And then you flew into the corner again, like the quack/lunatic that you are
    that couldn't get its way or get away, because you are a broke down duck.

    Mr. Arnold, May 2, 2007
  12. Christopher Syn

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    Christopher Syn wrote:

    > "Mr. Arnold" <MR. > wrote in message
    >> Man please, stop your whining. What's your point? If you can't deal
    >> with it, may I suggest that you skip and hippty hop over to Linux.

    <Corrected top posting>

    > no one is whining, this is reverse engineering

    No, reverse engineering is when you disassemble executable code to
    arrive at the source code or take alien technology and convert it to
    human technology.

    Offering the downgrade rights is nothing new, you have been able to do
    it on a number of Microsoft products for quite some time now. It doesn't
    mean the new product is crap (Although Vista is the exception that
    proves the rule)

    Desk Rabbit, May 2, 2007
  13. Desk Rabbit wrote:
    > Christopher Syn wrote:
    >>
    >> "Mr. Arnold" <MR. > wrote in message
    >>> Man please, stop your whining. What's your point? If you can't deal
    >>> with it, may I suggest that you skip and hippty hop over to Linux.

    ><Corrected top posting>
    >
    > > no one is whining, this is reverse engineering

    > No, reverse engineering is when you disassemble executable code to
    > arrive at the source code or take alien technology and convert it to
    > human technology.

    Correct.

    Still, though, it's not anything *close* to "whining". It was simply
    a report of relevant a technology news item.

    > Offering the downgrade rights is nothing new, you have been able to do
    > it on a number of Microsoft products for quite some time now. It doesn't
    > mean the new product is crap (Although Vista is the exception that
    > proves the rule)

    Speaking of language, you *do* know that the sense of "prove" used in
    that old saying is "test", right? And not "establish as true". Vista
    tests the "rule" ("the new product is crap"), it doesn't establish that
    the rule is true.

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, May 2, 2007
  14. Christopher Syn

    Mara Guest

    On Tue, 1 May 2007 19:27:14 -0700, "WhzzKdd" <frack_this@email_is.invalid>
    wrote:

    >"Christopher Syn" <> wrote in message
    >> If you have purchased a Toshiba computer with Windows Vista Business or
    >> Windows Vista Ultimate pre-installed,

    >Snip excessive verbage containing no pertinent query.
    >
    >> Windows Vista downgrade rights also permit you to later re-install your
    >> copy of Windows Vista -- once you have removed your copy of Windows XP
    >> from the computer.
    >>

    >Is there a question here somewhere, or are you just whining?

    Doesn't sound like whining to me. It just sounds like the truth. If Business or
    Ultimate are anything like the Basic version, then they're crap - the home
    version is the biggest POS since Windows ME, possibly worse.

    AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY NOT!"
    --glmar04 at twirl.mcc.ac.uk in a.s.r

    Mara, May 2, 2007
  15. Christopher Syn

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    > It doesn't
    > mean the new product is crap (Although Vista is the exception that proves
    > the rule)

    Now that I am getting use to Vista, I prefer it over any of the NT based
    O/S(s) for the workstation. Overall, it no different than any of the other
    NT based O/S(s) I have used, and professionally, I have used them all. A
    few things have moved around and are no longer where they where on the
    previous versions of the NT based O/S, so big deal.

    I think it's much to do about nothing with the put down of Vista. It was the
    same thing happening back in year 2000 with XP, and before that, it was Win
    2K.

    Mr. Arnold, May 2, 2007
  16. Christopher Syn

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    > Store?? Why the hell you went to a store?
    > I just purchased a new laptop over the 'net and got a 17" Toshiba with
    > XP Pro, Bluetooth (or Blueteeth for the picky) 180 gig HD and a gig o'
    > ram for $1100.
    > **** stores!

    So what? I have been there and done that. I needed a computer fast, and I
    needed the extended warrantee, because laptops have more of a chance of
    being damaged. And the one I got, the piece of trash you got couldn't touch
    it. It's not even in the ball park.

    Snowman, you can crawl back to the North Pole and disappear, because I
    absolutely could care less as to what you're doing.

    It was bad enough that you wanted to brush your teeth, wipe and wash the
    butt of K-Man aka K-Woman before you puckered up and tried to kiss that big
    Black butt.

    Mr. Arnold, May 3, 2007
  17. Christopher Syn

    Frosty Guest

    On Wed, 02 May 2007 01:47:12 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk "Mr.
    Arnold" <MR. >, intended to write something
    intelligible, but instead wrote :

    >"Christopher Syn" <> wrote in message
    >> no one is whining, this is reverse engineering
    >>

    >Yeah, yeah I just purchased a new laptop. Every store I went into and on
    >every computer there was Vista.

    Store?? Why the hell you went to a store?
    I just purchased a new laptop over the 'net and got a 17" Toshiba with
    XP Pro, Bluetooth (or Blueteeth for the picky) 180 gig HD and a gig o'
    ram for $1100.
    **** stores!

    >I just purchased Vista Ultimate, because Home Premium that came with the
    >laptop doesn't come with the full version of IIS 7.0 that I need to do
    >development work.
    >
    >How many purchasers of new computers are even going to go back to a
    >previous version of the NT based O/S? There are not going to be many that
    >will do it.
    >
    >How many purchasers of new computers are even going to bother with Linux,
    >even with Linux being a viable solution on a Dell computer, the other poster
    >is making? There are not going to be many that will deal with it.

    A Dell ain't viable either.
    Linux? **** that too.

    >Vista is here and no one is going backwards or jumping ship to another
    >solution. Those are the facts.

    Just the fax ma'am.

    Frosty, May 3, 2007
  18. Christopher Syn

    Frosty Guest

    On 2 May 2007 11:44:41 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk Blinky the Shark
    instead wrote :

    >Desk Rabbit wrote:
    >> Christopher Syn wrote:
    >>>
    >>> "Mr. Arnold" <MR. > wrote in message
    >>>

    >><Corrected top posting>
    >>
    >> > no one is whining, this is reverse engineering

    >> No, reverse engineering is when you disassemble executable code to
    >> arrive at the source code or take alien technology and convert it to
    >> human technology.

    >Correct.
    >
    >Still, though, it's not anything *close* to "whining". It was simply
    >a report of relevant a technology news item.
    >
    >> Offering the downgrade rights is nothing new, you have been able to do
    >> it on a number of Microsoft products for quite some time now. It doesn't
    >> mean the new product is crap (Although Vista is the exception that
    >> proves the rule)

    >Speaking of language, you *do* know that the sense of "prove" used in
    >that old saying is "test", right? And not "establish as true". Vista
    >tests the "rule" ("the new product is crap"), it doesn't establish that
    >the rule is true.

    ~whew~ sure glad I said blueteeth!

    Frosty, May 3, 2007
  19. Mr. Arnold wrote:

    >> Store?? Why the hell you went to a store? I just purchased a new
    >> laptop over the 'net and got a 17" Toshiba with XP Pro, Bluetooth (or
    >> Blueteeth for the picky) 180 gig HD and a gig o' ram for $1100. ****
    >> stores!

    > So what? I have been there and done that. I needed a computer fast,
    > and I needed the extended warrantee, because laptops have more of a
    > chance of being damaged. And the one I got, the piece of trash you got
    > couldn't touch it. It's not even in the ball park.

    From my nearby Fry's store I got a nice (I'm not a gamer) Compaq with a
    meg of RAM and a 54-bit AMD processor and all the usual stuff you get
    with laptops now for 800 clams at Fry's a bit over a year ago. I'd been
    shopping online. This was a good deal. At the time; they're probably
    cheaper now, of course. Oh, and they tossed in a free Canon printer.

    I love Fry's; I wish everyone was in range of one. They remind you that
    places like Best Buys are the AOL of "computer stores". I mean, they
    (Fry's) sell stuff like oscilloscopes and printed circuit boards to be
    traced and etched. Probably 20 different kinds of PSUs on the shelves.
    A whole side of an aisle of just motherboards. And so on. :)

    Blinky the Shark, May 3, 2007
  20. Christopher Syn

    Guest

    , May 3, 2007