    is there a vista codec to get WMP to play mp4? I am surprise that window
    mobile is recording video in mp4 and vista won't play it. Even avi file is
    not playable under vista.

    canixs, Feb 23, 2007

  2. Depends on what the AVI has been encoded with as to what is needed to decode
    it... DIVX works fine on XP x64 and on Vista 32, although I haven't tried it
    on Vista 64. What won't work (yet) is the DIVX ENCODER (ie converter)...
    they say they're still working on it. www.divx.com.

    MP4s need Quicktime to play. Again, fine on XP x64 and Vista 32. Try it on
    Vista 64 and see. www.quicktime.com
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    http://www.coribright.com/windows

    Cari \(MS-MVP\), Feb 23, 2007

  3. canixs

    canixs Guest

    I just found a vistacodecs_v427 on the website, which promise to play almost
    everything. I wonder If anybody has tried it? and how is the quality? is it
    safe to install them on the vista(x64)?

    canixs, Feb 23, 2007
  4. On which website? Codec packs can cause a lot of problems if they're not
    from known sources.

    Cari \(MS-MVP\), Feb 23, 2007
  5. canixs

    canixs Guest

    it's on http://www.start64.com

    canixs, Feb 23, 2007
  6. Hello,

    I am using K-Lite Mega Codec Pack 1.66 on my Vista x64 since few days and
    it's working perfectly and I can run everything including DVDs, Quicktime
    files, Real Player files and of course all flavors of Divx & Xvid.

    You can find it under the following link :

    http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_Lite_Mega_Codec_Pack.htm

    Cheers,

    Safouh

    Safouh Kharrat, Mar 5, 2007