    <10KB.

    Any help?

    Peter
    Peter, Dec 14, 2007

  2. Peter

    Brian Cryer Guest

    Re: Vista: "Calculating time remaining" takes long time on any file action. Even with all suggested KB patches installed

    "Peter" <> wrote in message
    >I know that this "Calculating time remaining" is well known but the
    > problem is that even the infamous KB patches (KB938979 / 931770) do
    > not help.
    >
    > I use Vista Business x86 and deleting, moving and even renaming files
    > take more than a minute, even if they are on the local disk and if
    > <10KB.

    Don't know about moving or renaming, but regarding deleting does it help if
    you empty the deleted items (or wastebasket or whatever its called in
    Vista)?
    --
    Brian Cryer
    www.cryer.co.uk/brian
    Brian Cryer, Dec 14, 2007

  3. Peter

    thanatoid Guest

    Re: Vista: "Calculating time remaining" takes long time on any file action. Even with all suggested KB patches installed

    Peter <> wrote in
    oups.com:

    > I know that this "Calculating time remaining" is well known
    > but the problem is that even the infamous KB patches
    > (KB938979 / 931770) do not help.
    >
    > I use Vista Business x86 and deleting, moving and even
    > renaming files take more than a minute, even if they are on
    > the local disk and if <10KB.
    >
    > Any help?
    >
    > Peter

    Peculiar. I have a 10 years + old 166MHz Pentium I with 95B and
    it takes less than a second to do most of those actions, less
    than a tenth of a second for some. I thought newer OS's were
    faster and better and well worth the thousands of dollars in
    hardware and software upgrades they require?

    HAAAAAA HAHAAAARRRR HAAAARRRRRRRRRR!!!! (ad lib ad inf)

    (/Please/ don't take this personally, I am getting over a flu
    and have even less self-control than usual.)

    (And yes, I realize this did not even come close to helping.
    Well, OTOH, why don't you just upgrade to 95B or 98SE?)

    --
    The only cure for stupidity is death.
    The only cure for brilliance is death.
    thanatoid, Dec 15, 2007