    device is in use.

    Any ideas what I have to do to install vista. I have NO removable storage
    devices except ( internal hds).

    Kue2, Jun 8, 2006

  2. How did you launch setup? Are you installing from a DVD or Virtual Drive
    software?
    It could be a bad DVD burn, or bad download of the ISO. If you experience
    this
    problem again, I recommend redownloading the ISO and/or reburning the DVD
    at the slowest possible speed. If that does not solve this problem, you
    might try virtual DVD software (available on the internet) or copying all
    the setup files to a flat share and then running setup from there."

    You may as well want to CRC check your downloaded ISO before redownloading
    it. If the CRC check indicates a "good" download, try reburning at the
    slowest speed possible. If the CRC check indicates a corrupt image,
    redownload and then reburn at slowest speed.

    There is also dedicated Windows Vista newsgroup for installation issues,
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 8, 2006

  3. Do you have a memory card reader installed?

    Colin Barnhorst, Jun 8, 2006
  4. Do any of your hd's happen to be SATA drives? these are picked up as
    removable media and can be a bit awkward to install to if you do not know
    what you are doing.

    =?Utf-8?B?R2Vv?=, Jun 9, 2006
  5. I am not using a SATA drive or memory card reader, and I am receiving the
    same error 0xc00000e9. Any ideas, I have burned several copies and I get the
    same message. It happens on three different computers when booting with the
    DVD. In XP I get a Not a valid Win 32 application error code???

    =?Utf-8?B?WlIx?=, Jun 10, 2006
  6. i have this exact same problem. i do have a memory card reader built into my
    pc. what can i do to combat this?

    =?Utf-8?B?d2lsbDEyMzQ=?=, Jun 10, 2006
  7. i also have this exact problem. i do have a memory card reader built into my

    =?Utf-8?B?d2lsbDEyMzQ=?=, Jun 10, 2006
  8. Hi!

    I have a SATA-drive which I'm trying to install Beta 2 on. But I get the
    exact same error message as mentioned above. (0xc00000e9)

    How can I install on a SATA-drive? Could you give me some hints on how to to
    that.

    Thanks in advance!

    Erik-Nicolai

    =?Utf-8?B?RXJpay1OaWNvbGFp?=, Jun 10, 2006
  9. Erik-Nicolai wrote:
    > Hi!
    >
    > I have a SATA-drive which I'm trying to install Beta 2 on. But I get the
    > exact same error message as mentioned above. (0xc00000e9)
    >
    > How can I install on a SATA-drive? Could you give me some hints on how to to
    > that.

    Very early in the boot process, just after having booted from the Vista
    CD, the screen should display the words to the effect: "Setup is
    examining your system." Press <F6> when this happens, and have the
    *manufacturer's* Vista-specific drivers for your SATA controller
    available on a floppy disk.

    For more Vista-specific guidance, repost this question in one or more
    of the relevant Vista newsgroups.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    Bruce Chambers, Jun 10, 2006
  10. Bruce, F6 is gone with Vista. It has been replaced by a "Load Drivers"
    button (along with other advanced options) on an early screen (just after
    selecting the target partition).

    Colin Barnhorst, Jun 10, 2006
  11. Colin Barnhorst wrote:
    > Bruce, F6 is gone with Vista. It has been replaced by a "Load Drivers"
    > button (along with other advanced options) on an early screen (just after
    > selecting the target partition).

    Thanks for the update, Colin. I hadn't needn't to play close attention
    to this part of the installation, so I was answering by "autopilot." I
    should have known better.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    Bruce Chambers, Jun 11, 2006
  12. You're welcome. I can't wait to see your reaction to BCDedit! ;)

    Colin Barnhorst, Jun 11, 2006
  13. Thank you for your replies!

    Just thought I'd tell you that the installation was fine after I tried
    downloading and burning the image again. (Except for the fact that removed
    two operating systems during the install...)

    Somebody should write a warning on the beta 2 downloadpage that everyone
    should do a crc check and burn at low speeds. In the Open Source world this
    isn't usually a problem. In addition somebody should tell Microsoft of the
    beuty in BitTorrent...

    But Aero is definitely looking good!

    Erik-Nicolai

    =?Utf-8?B?RXJpay1OaWNvbGFp?=, Jun 11, 2006
  14. I solved the problem (for me) by instead of burning the ISO at the lowest
    speed (2x) I burnet it at the higest speed (16x). And all my problems went
    away.

    I double checked that this was in fact the problem by re-burning the ISO
    using 2x and 4x the speed and this problem happened each time but not with
    the 16x burnt CD

    =?Utf-8?B?U3RvbmVHdXQ=?=, Jun 13, 2006