Vista Beta 2 5384 / multiple monitors & Ultramon

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Spicer, Jun 16, 2006.

  1. Spicer

    Spicer Guest

    Beware if you are going to install ultramon for your PC when installing
    make sure to disable mirroring from downloading there are problems with
    it and if you have already downloaded mirroring are probably getting
    unknown device needs to install drivers popup - I have managed to get
    rid of the popup by disabling inheritable permissions under display
    mirror in the registry - 1) run regedit.exe
    2) right-click the key
    'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\DISPLAYMIRROR'
    and select Permissions from the menu
    3) click on Advanced
    4) uncheck "Include inheritable permissions from this object's parent"
    NOTE - You must have permission set to allow you to do this - once you
    have done this display mirror will no longer be found in the device
    manager after a restart - NOTE to have seen display mirror in device
    manager you must click view in manager and set to show hidden devices -
    then after clicking do not show me this popup to install drivers one
    more time and a restart again / NO MORE POPUP / BUT display mirror will
    still be in the registry and so far I cant get rid of it - OH WELL
    :cool: You can get ultramon from http://www.realtimesoft.com
    they are planing to be fully vista compatible in the future....

    --
    Spicer
    Spicer's Profile: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/member.php?u=1812
    Spicer, Jun 16, 2006