Vista Battery Problems...

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Au79, May 5, 2007.

  1. Au79

    Au79 Guest

    Au79, May 5, 2007

  2. Au79

    Robb Guest

    Au79 wrote:

    That's one fuxored ad-spammy website.

    >A Domain Name System (DNS) zero-day bug had been found that could expose
    >vulnerabilities throughout Microsoft's entire server line. ...

    It's fixable. Are you just mining for URL's and not reading the articles?
    <shrug> whatever. Maybe all of your 'hard work' is helping Microsot.

    Microsoft's record profit was derived in part from the recent launch of
    both Windows Vista and Microsoft Office 2007. The new Microsoft OS and
    Office programs delivered revenue for the quarter not only from direct
    sales but also from the use of upgrade vouchers that had accompanied
    PCs purchased before Vista and Office 2007 were released.
    --
    MS announced record profits this week for its third quarter, ending March 31,
    with a whopping increase of -

    >65 percent over last year's Q3.

    The software giant earned a profit of $4.93 billion, compared to $2.98 billion
    for the same quarter last year.

    > (The 4.9BN was for the whole corporation, only part of it was from Vista)

    The total revenue of $14.40 billion represented a 32% increase over the
    same period last year, while diluted earnings per share grew 72% to $0.50.

    Chris Liddell, chief financial officer at Microsoft, said in a statement that
    he was extremely pleased that the company delivered "a quarter of strong
    double-digit growth" for revenue, operating income and earnings per share
    (EPS). Liddell also said that he is looking forward to a "very good finish to
    this fiscal year with strength continuing into fiscal 2008."

    Launch of Vista, 2007 Office
    By this morning, Microsoft's stock had increased 4.4 percent, or $1.28, to
    $30.38, raising the company's market value by nearly $13 billion to $300
    billion.

    For the fourth quarter, which will end June 30, the company is projecting
    revenue in the range of $13.1 to $13.4 billion, bringing total revenue for
    the fiscal year potentially as high as $57.5 billion.

    Robb, May 5, 2007

  3. Robb wrote:

    > Au79 wrote:
    >
    > That's one fuxored ad-spammy website.
    >
    >>A Domain Name System (DNS) zero-day bug had been found that could expose
    >>vulnerabilities throughout Microsoft's entire server line. ...

    > It's fixable. Are you just mining for URL's and not reading the articles?
    > <shrug> whatever. Maybe all of your 'hard work' is helping Microsot.
    >
    > Microsoft's record profit was derived in part from the recent launch of
    > both Windows Vista and Microsoft Office 2007. The new Microsoft OS and
    > Office programs delivered revenue for the quarter not only from direct
    > sales but also from the use of upgrade vouchers that had accompanied
    > PCs purchased before Vista and Office 2007 were released.

    Err.....no, actually the record profit was paid by investors.

    [ Quote ]
    Actually, there is room to complain. See, those earnings were great,
    but they came at a cost. Shareholders paid for most of the upside
    surprise, not customers. I'll describe why I think this in a minute.
    Before I describe the analysis, let me ask the following question: if
    Microsoft's record earnings were so great, why isn't Microsoft's stock
    moving? After all, the period we're talking about included Microsoft's
    biggest launches in the last five years, Windows Vista and Office 2007.
    These are supposed to be the engines of growth for years to come. And if
    earnings are up, the stock should be too. What is wrong with those Wall
    Street people? `----
    [ Unquote ]

    http://biz.yahoo.com/seekingalpha/070503/34354_id.html?.v=1

    William Poaster, May 5, 2007
  4. Au79

    Robb Guest

    William Poaster wrote:
    <snip>

    >Err.....no, actually the record profit was paid by investors.

    Who sets the price of the company's stock?

    http://quotes.nasdaq.com/asp/summaryquote.asp?symbol=MSFT`

    MS's worth is $299,253,115,840 as of Friday. Not far from 1/3 of a trillion
    calms. He's complaining because they wrote in old revenue - due last week
    or last year, it doesn't make any difference. They could just as easily piled
    it up for an even greater EOY. The saw on "responsibility to shareholders"
    ignores the corporations scheme re: earnings is so large, it's akin to tuning
    a speeding battleship around, things take time.

    If you back out the $1.7 billion AND the rest of their profits, eventually
    it's going below zero.

    He's swatting at a few bees with a fucjing fishnet.

    Slim Grupo's history and philosophy is worth a read.
    If you're interested, here's a start:

    http://www.thejournalnews.com/apps/...20070313/BUSINESS01/703130325/1066/BUSINESS01

    --
    Robb

    Robb, May 5, 2007
  5. Robb wrote:

    > William Poaster wrote:
    > <snip>
    >
    >>Err.....no, actually the record profit was paid by investors.

    > Who sets the price of the company's stock?
    >

    > http://quotes.nasdaq.com/asp/summaryquote.asp?symbol=MSFT`
    >
    > MS's worth is $299,253,115,840 as of Friday. Not far from 1/3 of a trillion
    > calms. He's complaining because they wrote in old revenue - due last week
    > or last year, it doesn't make any difference. They could just as easily piled
    > it up for an even greater EOY. The saw on "responsibility to shareholders"
    > ignores the corporations scheme re: earnings is so large, it's akin to tuning
    > a speeding battleship around, things take time.
    >

    > If you back out the $1.7 billion AND the rest of their profits, eventually
    > it's going below zero.
    >
    > He's swatting at a few bees with a fucjing fishnet.
    >
    > Slim Grupo's history and philosophy is worth a read.
    > If you're interested, here's a start:

    http://www.thejournalnews.com/apps/...20070313/BUSINESS01/703130325/1066/BUSINESS01

    Put simply, Microsoft achieved record breaking earnings during the Vista launch
    quarter by taking money out of its *assets*, not through amazing sales of Vista
    and Office.

    Microsoft has taken a series of steps to reduce its cash balance.
    Specifically, by Microsoft's count, the company has paid out nearly $100
    billion through dividends and repurchasing its own stock in the past
    five years. `----
    http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/309852_software02.html

    For the first time in more than five years that its cash balance has
    been below $30 billion.

    In contrast, Apple Inc. launched a lot of products over the past 9 months & has
    added almost $2billion to its balance sheet & assets, in the *same* period that
    Microsoft's assets *dropped $6 billion*.

    In short, they are burning reserves.

    William Poaster, May 5, 2007
  6. Au79

    thanatoid Guest

    William Poaster <> wrote in

    Excuse me, but just WHAT is the image in your x-face?

    thanatoid, May 5, 2007