    Jim Becker
    Virginia Beach Backyard Weather
    http://members.cox.net/jbecker31

    Jim Becker, Nov 25, 2007

  2. You should assign a password to XP and create the same username on the
    Vista. These search results may help.
    windows faqs
    Prompt for the guest password Run a program as a service XP can see
    win98 but win98 can't see XP Workstation doesn't start ...
    www.chicagotech.net/winfaqs.htm - Similar pages

    Connectivity issues
    All network access to a W2K/XP computer in a workgroup can use the
    Guest account ... Enter Network Password screen with Connect As and Password
    prompt. ...
    www.chicagotech.net/connectivity2.htm

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net

    Robert L. \(MS-MVP\), Nov 25, 2007

  3. Jim Becker

    Jim Becker Guest

    Thanks

    assigning a password to xp won't work for me, for I need the xp machine to
    be start back up and execute my weather program in the event of a power loss
    or surge while I'm away. Somehow I need to be able to map the xp machine
    from the vista machine.

    Jim Becker, Nov 27, 2007
  4. Hi
    Once permission is set correctly there is No need for password if it is
    uncheck in the permission menus.
    http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    allowed to be shared.
    Vista File and Printer Sharing-