Vista and radius servers

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Brad Jerome, May 17, 2007.

  1. Brad Jerome

    Brad Jerome Guest

    I Must be missing something What string do you add at step 6

    Brad

    Windows Vista doesn't work with 3rd party radius server freeradius - devon.amble
    27-Apr-07 01:20:55

    Using FreeRadius 1.1.5, PEAP authentication with MSCHAP v2

    After some time on the phone with microsoft they had us enable use of
    the Open SSL Cipher Suite which fixed our problem

    1. Open gpedit.msc
    2. Navigate to Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates
    \Network\SSL Configuration Settings
    3. Open SSL Cipher Suite Order from the right pane.
    4. Check Enabled radio button.
    5. Back up the string from the text box to a text file.
    6. Enter the following string without the quotes
    7. Reboot the machine
    8. Retry authentication

    http://www.eggheadcafe.com

    Brad Jerome, May 17, 2007