    John Lee Guest

    Does anyone know whether old version Quicken 98 v7.0 will work with Vista?
    Thanks.
    John Lee, Jan 1, 2008

  2. John Lee

    flambe Guest

    If not you can try running it in WinXP emulation mode.
    If you are serious about tracking finances you should upgrade to the current
    basic version of Quicken.
    While you are at it you may want to delete Vista and install XP.
    flambe, Jan 1, 2008

  3. John Lee

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    "John Lee" <> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know whether old version Quicken 98 v7.0 will work with Vista?

    You right click the exe, and you set the Compatibility mode such a Win 98,
    Win XP, etc, etc. You should find out if the vendor has a version out that
    is certified to run on Vista.

    If you want to know more about such things and what will work on Vista, then
    may I suggest that you post to MS.Public.Windows.Vista.General at
    msnews.microsoft.com or us the MS Communities that is established in Vista
    Windows Mail.
    Mr. Arnold, Jan 2, 2008
  4. John Lee

    - Bobb - Guest

    "John Lee" <> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know whether old version Quicken 98 v7.0 will work with
    > Vista? Thanks.

    From reading about Vista issues, I can tell you that old Quicken will NOT
    work. In recent articles ( Pc World ?) they were reviewing the problems
    everyone is having with Vista and quoted Microsoft as "blaming all the
    vendors" for "NOT writing their code properly". PC World had
    Vista-specific issues with Quicken 2005 ( I think) and Microsoft's view
    was that the vendors were doing it purposely so that "Quicken users" would
    have to buy a new version to have it run on Vista. MSFT stated that HAD
    "all these vendors" written code compliant with MSFT's "standards " -
    issued in 2000 - then migration would not be the issue that it is....
    blah.....

    Come to think of it ... is Quicken98 even Y2K complaint ?
    I left Quicken - for Money - once my quicken bank downloads translated the
    year 2000 as 1900 and royally screwed up my balances. All of a sudden
    checks were written (1900)before there was money in the account (2000).
    - Bobb -, Jan 3, 2008