Vista access to NAS device.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by PeeCee, Nov 22, 2009.

  1. PeeCee

    PeeCee Guest

    Greetings all.

    I have acquired a FISC CDH 8 Bay Network Attached Storage device to replace
    the rather asthmatic small box consumer NAS boxen I been playing with up to
    now.
    (manual here
    ftp://web:/data01/FISC CDH/Manual/CDHman-e.pdf)

    I's been set back to factory defaults and when attached to my LAN I can
    browse to it and read/write with any XP PC on my LAN.

    However when I try to access it from a Vista PC I get the following error:
    \\FISC-BOX is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this
    network resource. Contact the administrator of this server ... (etc)

    Advice I can find on the web refers to making changes on the machine that is
    being accessed.
    In this case that is not an option, so I need to change Vista so it access's
    the FISC as if it was an XP machine.

    Can someone guide me what changes I need to make to my Vista PC so I can
    access the FISC.

    TIA
    Paul.
    PeeCee, Nov 22, 2009