    Will Windows XP x64 applications run on Vista (64bit version) and vice
    versa?
    , Jul 30, 2006

  2. Generally, yes, though there could be some differences. For drivers, there
    are definitely some differences.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

    Charlie Russel, Jul 30, 2006

  3. I had no luck with Epson Stulus photo, Lexmark Optra s 1855, Linksys WPS54GU2
    devices using "native " Vista drivers, manufacturer Vista drivers or Win XP
    x64 driver. Guit, returning to Win XP x64

    =?Utf-8?B?QmVydHJhbTI4?=, Jul 30, 2006
  4. Those are drivers, not applications. Drivers are a different kettle of fish
    entirely, as I said. I think the good news is that Vista will force mfg to
    do a better job about drivers for 64bit. Having done so, they _might_ be
    more inclined to also provide XPx64 drivers, since the majority of the work
    has already been done. But no guarantees, obviously.

    Charlie Russel, Jul 30, 2006