    Note: When I run both neither have the "*32" which I'm assuming is a flag
    for 32bit support.

    Needless to say I'm a little confused.
    null, Apr 2, 2008

  2. Did you install any 64-bit third-party programs that can
    take advantage of a sophisticated 64-bit operating system?

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "null" wrote:

    I was poking around and noticed the following:
    Administrative Tools > Services (%SystemRoot%\system32\services.msc)

    However the following exists as well: (%SystemRoot%\SysWOW64\services.msc)

    So, is Vista 64 by default using the 32bit versions, or are the 64bit
    version in system32 as well?

    Carey Frisch [MVP], Apr 2, 2008

  3. System32 has the 64bit version. And it is what is used. Even if you run the
    one in SysWOW64, you actually end up with the 64-bit one.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Apr 2, 2008