    have not got anywhere. Both devices are new.

    Thanks for any help

    Andy

    BENAGLIA, Sep 7, 2007

  2. BENAGLIA

    mikeyhsd Guest

    have you tried using F8 at boot and select the option to allow unsigned drivers.
    you should contact the manufacturer about 64 bit drivers for the devices.

    surprised they do not work with the native vista 64 drivers.

    "BENAGLIA" <> wrote in message news:e9Mp$...
    I have loaded Vista 64 X an I like the system and find it quite a few steps
    ahead of other operating systems available.
    On the other hand I am having quite a few problems with my CD/DVD devises
    (LG, Phillips) as their drivers are not accepted by Vista 64X.
    Can anyone help on this issue???
    They are shown in the System/Device Manager list but both not working due to
    the unsigned driver issue. I have gone through the standard procedures but

    mikeyhsd, Sep 8, 2007

  3. Check to see if there are firmware updates for the drives. Some drives need
    firmware updates to be seen correctly by Vista x64.

    Dominic Payer, Sep 8, 2007
  4. BENAGLIA

    BENAGLIA Guest

    Thanks Mike,
    Have tried with F8 and all I get is a list of drivers (Floppy, Raid disk + both CD/DVD devices). No other options are showed on signed or unsigned drivers.
    Has Vista got any funtion that blocks/protects devices?? I have a feeling it may not be the drivers but something in Vista 64, I'm saying this as I have changed both devices and on all four tried I am having the same problem. They are showed in the Bios and they are shown on the F8 BootUp list.
    Thanks for your help.
    Andy

    --
    Andrea Benaglia - Via Pascoli, 40 - 20099 Sesto San Giovanni (Milano)

    BENAGLIA, Sep 8, 2007
  5. BENAGLIA

    John Barnes Guest

    Are these IDE or SATA drives? I, also, am surprised they don't work with
    native Vista drivers. Have you tried uninstalling the Phillips drivers and
    allowing the Vista drivers to control them?
    I have a Plextor drive that they claim works with the native drivers, but
    which most functions don't work. I replaced it with NEC and LiteOn drives
    and both work great with Windows native drivers. All are SATA.

    John Barnes, Sep 8, 2007
  6. BENAGLIA

    mikeyhsd Guest

    sounds like you are getting the bios f8 and not the vista f8.
    wait till the bios shows then hit the f8 till you get the vista boot menu.

    mikeyhsd, Sep 8, 2007
  7. BENAGLIA

    BENAGLIA Guest

    Unsigned drivers - RESOLVED THANKS!

    After trying all the easy solutions and not resolving the problem I have
    finally managed to get it all sorted out. Thanks to this forum!
    I now have all my Cd/Dvd devices working perfectly: solution?
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060/en-us. Seems that unistalling, in my
    case Coreldraw 12, software there is then a problem with loading the
    drivers.
    Thanks to you all

    Andy

    --
    Andrea Benaglia - Via Pascoli, 40 - 20099 Sesto San Giovanni (Milano)

    BENAGLIA, Sep 9, 2007

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9zZSBSZXllcw==?=, Sep 9, 2007
  9. BENAGLIA

    R. C. White Guest

    Re: Unsigned drivers - RESOLVED THANKS!

    Hi, Andy.

    Congratulations! And thanks for the feedback. It might benefit some other
    user with the same or similar problem.

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    Microsoft Windows MVP
    (Running Windows Live Mail beta in Vista Ultimate x64)

    R. C. White, Sep 10, 2007