Vista 64 sucks

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?VE9NIEhBVEVTVklTVEE=?=, Jun 22, 2007.

  1. suggest that MS refund user of vista 64 thier money. The program sucks and
    is not ready for release. This product does not work. I have tired for 3
    weeks to get to printers to work - and Hp 1200 and a Lexmark X8350. They
    had been shared printers attached to my desktop running XP 64, they worked
    great.

    My trial of XP 64 ran out. I made the mistake of purchasing Vista ultra up
    grade. NOW I SPEND MY TIME YELLING AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS AT THE COMPUTER -
    N0THING WORKS - THERE IS NO HELP OR USEFUL INFORMATION TO FIX PROBLEMS.
    CAN'T PRINT, CAN'T SHARE PRINTERS. NEVER TOLD THAT YOU CAN NOT NETWORK A
    VISTA AND A MS XP COMPUTER.

    IF YOU CANNOT FIX THIS VISTA PIECE OF SHIT HAVE THE COURTESY TO RETURN MY
    MONEY THIS PRODUCT SUCKS - NOTHING WORKS - HP DOES NOT APPEAR TO SUPPORT
    THIS GARABAGE PROGRAM.

    ----------------
    click "I Agree" in the message pane.

    http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/co...b72&dg=microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general

    =?Utf-8?B?VE9NIEhBVEVTVklTVEE=?=, Jun 22, 2007

  2. Obviously you are frustrated, but you are less likely to get help from
    others by yelling and cursing. I've been running Windows XP x64 Edition for
    2+ years and Windows Vista x64 since the Betas, and I'm also continually
    frustrated at the lack of attention third parties are giving 64-bit versions
    of Windows. This is the future of the PC, and eventually they will have to
    stop blowing it off.

    Now, the fact that HP or Lexmark doesn't support X64 versions of Windows
    Vista for your particular printer is not Microsoft's doing. That would be up
    to HP, just as with every other third party vendor on the planet. It is up
    to third parties to make sure their stuff works on the current Window OS,
    and many of them take a reactionary 'wait until most of our customers are
    complaining' approach instead of proactively supporting new versions.

    If they have Windows XP x64 Edition drivers, then they should have Windows
    Vista x64 drivers as they are very similar. Maybe they just don't bother to
    sign their x64 drivers, which would prevent it from installing on Windows
    Vista x64. A lot of vendors put out perpetual "Betas" of Windows XP X64
    Edition drivers that were never signed or even officially shipped as a final
    product, and these won't work for Windows Vista X64.

    If you can calm down a bit and describe the details of the problem, error
    messages you are seeing, etc. in some specifics instead of a rant, then the
    community here can probably help figure it out.

    All that said, if you bought Windows Vista you have a license to either the
    X86 or X64 version. The same PID works for both. The Windows Vista Ultimate
    retail package includes media for both versions, and you might have better
    luck with compability installing Windows Vista x86. It sounds like you don't
    really have the patience left to continue to deal with the limited focus X64
    Editions of Windows are getting from many vendors at the moment, so it might
    be a better idea for you to stick with 32-bit for a while longer.

    --
    Chuck Walbourn
    SDE, XNA Developer Connection

    Chuck Walbourn [MSFT], Jun 22, 2007

  3. =?Utf-8?B?VE9NIEhBVEVTVklTVEE=?=

    S.SubZero Guest

    Re: Vista 64 sucks

    I haven't tried printing yet but I haven't had any serious issues with
    Vista x64 on my Dell laptop. It installed smoothly, everything works,
    and the performance is fine. The only real gripes I have involve a
    wrong refresh rate setting on startup (which I just set each time) and
    the fact that the install is 15GB. On my laptop's 100GB drive this is
    a pretty sizable chunk. In fact if I ever have any reason to ditch
    Vista it will probably be because of this.

    S.SubZero, Jun 24, 2007