    crossfire, 4gigs OCZ reaper 1066, 1010w OCZ game extreme PSU, asus DVD drive,
    Pioneer dvdrw, rosewill multicard reader, WDD SATA HDD, ninja case. windows
    vista 64bit home pro OEM.
    Xmortis, Jun 25, 2008

  2. Xmortis

    Xmortis Guest

    this is an edit/add as some items were chopped or left out. I have service
    pack 1 in vista. And these devices all work just fine until I restart the pc.
    I have been putting in sleep mode for now, but I do go to lan parties, and
    it's embarrasing to me to have issues on boot at these things. thanks for
    your help all.

    Xmortis, Jun 25, 2008

  3. Xmortis

    Soap Guest

    I have the same problem what should i do?
    Soap, Jul 1, 2008
  4. Xmortis

    Xmortis Guest

    RE: vista 64 cant find my drivers after restart, even tho they are

    Hi soap, I have found in another forum that the problem(at least for me) was
    a bad install of service pack 1. It was as simple as uninstalling service
    pack 1, rebooting, and the reinstalling it. After the bad SP1 was removed,
    the problem was fixed before I even reinstalled it. Hope this helps you out!

    Xmortis, Jul 1, 2008
  5. Xmortis

    Soap Guest

    RE: vista 64 cant find my drivers after restart, even tho they are

    Thank you for your replay but i cant remove the SP1
    I cant find it in the Installed updates or programs
    Soap, Jul 2, 2008
  6. Re: vista 64 cant find my drivers after restart, even tho they are

    If you purchased Vista recently or you just got a new computer with Vista on
    it then your copy of Vista shipped already at service pack level 1. It is
    called Vista SP1 "integrated". Since SP1 was not added separately it cannot
    be removed. On your system it is not a update. All the files shipped at
    service pack level one in the first place.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 2, 2008
  7. Xmortis

    Soap Guest

    Re: vista 64 cant find my drivers after restart, even tho they are

    So Is there anything I can do?
    Soap, Jul 2, 2008
  8. Re: vista 64 cant find my drivers after restart, even tho they are

    About SP1? No. If your computer came with Vista SP1 the only way to remove
    SP1 is to remove Windows itself. Contact the mfg of the computer for
    support. If you purchased Vista SP1 at retail contact Microsoft Product
    Support Services for help.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 2, 2008