    IE7 window is closed.

    And yes, I have a finger scan sensor. Believe it is an AuthernTec Inc.
    AES2501A that built into my HP HDX.

    Drucifer, Mar 22, 2008

  2. Drucifer

    Drucifer Guest

    VISTA SP1 cleared the problem on first test. Now to find out what SP1
    broke.

    Drucifer, Mar 22, 2008

  3. Drucifer

    Drucifer Guest

    On further testing -- opening up a second IE7 window will result in
    the same trouble when you try to close it -- all IE7 windows close and
    IE7 restarts.

    Drucifer, Mar 22, 2008
  4. Drucifer

    John Barnes Guest

    Are you talking about IE7 32 or 64-bit versions. Most of these problems are
    caused by addons. If you are talking about IE32, use the one in system
    tools Start/all programs/accessories/system tools/IE no addons

    John Barnes, Mar 22, 2008
  5. Drucifer

    Drucifer Guest

    I seem to lose the IE7 Restart problem when I remove the Google
    Toolbar.

    I'll keep it out for awhile and see how the second IE7 window reacts
    when it is close.

    Drucifer, Mar 22, 2008
  6. Drucifer

    Drucifer Guest

    On Mar 22, 1:51 pm, "John Barnes" <> wrote:
    > Are you talking about IE7 32 or 64-bit versions.  Most of these problems are
    > caused by addons.  If  you are talking about IE32, use the one in system
    > tools   Start/all programs/accessories/system tools/IE no addons

    As stated - 64-Bit

    I have narrow it down to the very popular Google Toolbar Beta v5

    Drucifer, Mar 22, 2008
  7. Drucifer

    Theo Guest

    Drucifer wrote:
    > On Mar 22, 1:51 pm, "John Barnes" <> wrote:
    >> Are you talking about IE7 32 or 64-bit versions. Most of these problems are
    >> caused by addons. If you are talking about IE32, use the one in system
    >> tools Start/all programs/accessories/system tools/IE no addons
    >>

    > As stated - 64-Bit
    >
    > I have narrow it down to the very popular Google Toolbar Beta v5

    Maybe I'm taking things for granted, but I cannot find any
    information about the Toolbar that implies it is thought to
    work in a 64-bit environment nor in Vista. If I can't find
    definitive information that a program is specifically
    advertised as being Vista or x64 compatible, I assume it is not.

    Theo, Mar 22, 2008
  8. The Google Toolbar system requirements at
    http://www.google.com/support/toolbar/bin/answer.py?answer=33110&topic=11744
    states: "The Toolbar isn't compatible with 64-bit operating systems at this
    time."

    Colin Barnhorst, Mar 22, 2008
  9. Drucifer

    John Barnes Guest

    To you it may be clear, but it is not clear whether you were talking about
    Vista64 or IE64. Either way, Theo and Colin have your answer.

    John Barnes, Mar 22, 2008