Vista 32bit to Vista 64bit (Ultimate Updrade Version)

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?QnJpYW4gSHVudA==?=, Feb 3, 2007.

  1. Hi,

    I have a couple of questions.

    I recently upgraded from XP Pro (full retail) to Vista Ultimate 32 bit
    (in-place upgrade).

    1. Can I used the included 64bit DVD to upgrade to Vista 64bit? I realise
    that this will not be an in-place upgrade, but effectively a clean install.
    I just need to know if it's possible before I try.

    2. Other than the ability to address more than 4Gb, is there any serious
    advantage to doing this?

    My sytstem is;

    Asus A8N SLI Deluxe
    AMD Athalon FX 60 Dual Core 2.6 Ghz
    Nvidia G-Force 7900 GTX x 2 in SLI Config
    2Gb Corsair CMX1024-3200C2PRO (with a further 2Gb standing by)
    Creative X-Fi Pro

    Any advice would be appreciated.

    Regards
    Brian.

    =?Utf-8?B?QnJpYW4gSHVudA==?=, Feb 3, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?QnJpYW4gSHVudA==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    1. Yes 2. No, unless you have native 64-bit software. Some software and
    hardware are not compatible with 64-bit due to drivers.

    John Barnes, Feb 3, 2007

  3. John,

    Thanks for that. I will save myself the pain of wading through 63bit driver
    hell and stick with my working 32bit version!

    Regards
    Brian

    =?Utf-8?B?QnJpYW4gSHVudA==?=, Feb 3, 2007