  1. Hi I have a 32bit vista premium OS and I want to upgrade to a 64 bit vista
    ultimate. Is this possible and would I encounter any other problem? I have a
    4g memory, 750g hd and 512mb graphic card. If possible what should I do first?

    =?Utf-8?B?Z2VuZQ==?=, Mar 9, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Z2VuZQ==?=

    Jane C Guest

    You can use an upgrade version, however there is no in-place upgrade from
    any 32 bit operating system to a 64 bit one. You would have to do a custom
    (clean) install.

    You would need to backup all of your data first to external media. Use the
    WET to save your files and settings to CD/DVD etc.

    It would also be advisable to check that all of your hardware and
    peripherals have Vista x64-compatible drivers available.

    --
    Jane, not plain ;) 64 bit enabled :)

    Jane C, Mar 9, 2007

  3. =?Utf-8?B?Z2VuZQ==?=

    mikeyhsd Guest

    first thing is to make sure you have a 64 bit computer.

    you might ask in a vista news group for help on clean install of 64 bit vista.
    according to ms web site upgrade options there does not appear to be an upgrade for 64 bit.

    @sport.rr.com

    mikeyhsd, Mar 10, 2007