    I'm currently downloading the 32 bit version will i be able to somehow switch
    to 64 bit free of charge? Again this is the downloadable version, not
    out-of-the-box.
    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9uYXM=?=, Feb 3, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Sm9uYXM=?=

    DP Guest

    Excuse my ignorance, but who is selling a download of Vista? Microsoft?
    I know you could download betas and release candidates. But is Microsoft
    offering this OS via download as well?
    Seems like so many things could go wrong with such a big download. Why would
    you prefer that over simply having the disks in hand?

    DP, Feb 3, 2007

  3. =?Utf-8?B?Sm9uYXM=?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Microsoft is selling the 32-bit download.

    John Barnes, Feb 3, 2007
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Sm9uYXM=?=

    DP Guest

    Thanks, John. I wasn't aware of that.
    Just wanted to make sure he hadn't been scammed by one of those "OEM
    software" dealers that will sell you the thing for $79.

    DP, Feb 3, 2007
  5. =?Utf-8?B?Sm9uYXM=?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Sure have been a lot of those. :)

    John Barnes, Feb 3, 2007
  6. =?Utf-8?B?Sm9uYXM=?=

    BSchnur Guest

    > Sure have been a lot of those. :)

    But you can download it from Nigeria for so much less....

    Consider it an investment....

    --
    Barry Schnur
    BSchnur, Feb 3, 2007
  7. =?Utf-8?B?Sm9uYXM=?=

    Jane C Guest

    The 64 bit is also available. There is a link to a page for 64 bit upgrade
    downloads.

    --
    Jane, not plain ;) 64 bit enabled :)

    Jane C, Feb 3, 2007
  8. Thanks for your concerns over OEM scamming and large download failure,
    however that isn't my problem.
    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9uYXM=?=, Feb 4, 2007
  9. I prefer it for a number of reasons. The first reason being that I do not
    have to go to a store and purchase it. The second being that once it is
    completed, i will burn it to a DVD and it will function as a disk in hand.
    The last reason being that should I ever lose that disk, or go somewhere
    where my disks are not available, the download is still available to me.

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9uYXM=?=, Feb 4, 2007
  10. =?Utf-8?B?Sm9uYXM=?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Jane said there is a link to the 64-bit download. Find it and download the
    64-bit version. The same key works for both versions. One installed at a
    time. Good luck.

    John Barnes, Feb 4, 2007
  11. There is indeed a 64-bit download link available. It requires that you
    purchase it. My question was if there was a way to not have to purchase
    windows again to make the switch.

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9uYXM=?=, Feb 4, 2007
  12. Well if the key does work for both versions thats good news. I suppose I
    could always get the iso from a torrent site, but that would feel very
    unlegit (even though i do own it :p). I'm hoping Microsoft is offering a
    better solution.

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9uYXM=?=, Feb 4, 2007
  13. =?Utf-8?B?Sm9uYXM=?=

    John Barnes Guest

    The download page has a customer support telephone number. Why don't you
    call?

    John Barnes, Feb 4, 2007