    be considered for bundling with Vista, wouldn't the driver problem get a
    whole lot better?

    Curt.

    Someguy, Aug 4, 2005

  2. Its going to be same I approach to writing drivers today for x64 but
    Microsoft will probably be more agressive with their approach to getting
    drivers ready for platform by investing and providing incentives maybe for
    OEMs and Device driver developers to get their hardware signed.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa, Aug 4, 2005

  3. I would be very surprised if any logo program were not to require drivers for
    both 32-bit and 64-bit. And really, the logo programs are the only thing that
    MS can directly control and the only way that end users can be sure that the
    hardware is certified to work with Windows.

    --
    Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
    ======================

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 4, 2005
  4. Curt;
    I would guess if anything it would get worse.
    Companies would then need to prepare 2 drivers regardless their specific
    business plan.
    Expect fewer drivers if that is a requirement.

    There is no requirement anywhere for anyone to submit any driver to
    Microsoft if the manufacturer does not want to.

    Do you really want to add another obstacle to the release of certified
    drivers?

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

    Jupiter Jones [MVP], Aug 5, 2005
  5. Someguy

    MHPNW STAFF Guest

    Vista Newsgroup

    I know I'm being lazy , but Have they made a Vista Newsgroup .....

    MHPNW STAFF, Aug 5, 2005
  6. Re: Vista Newsgroup

    The winfx newsgroups are the only public newsgroups.
    They are intended for developers.

    Jupiter Jones [MVP], Aug 5, 2005