Vist IE Print Size

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by jtees4, Nov 20, 2007.

  1. jtees4

    jtees4 Guest

    Have a new computer at work due to a robbery. Has Vista and IE7. 22"
    display. I am fairly old and have trouble seeing small things. I
    changed the settings for the display..and that is fine. I changed IE
    settings to make things appear bigger on screen. I am having a problem
    when printing from IE. Pages that used to look fine are now tiny. Is
    there a setting that I need to look into? Thank you for any help.
     
    jtees4, Nov 20, 2007
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. jtees4

    - Bobb - Guest

    Re: Vista IE Print Size

    "jtees4" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Have a new computer at work due to a robbery. Has Vista and IE7. 22"
    > display. I am fairly old and have trouble seeing small things. I
    > changed the settings for the display..and that is fine. I changed IE
    > settings to make things appear bigger on screen. I am having a problem
    > when printing from IE. Pages that used to look fine are now tiny. Is
    > there a setting that I need to look into? Thank you for any help.


    Sorry a few questions first...

    In your PRINTER settings, is it using the proper driver ? (what type
    printer ? ) ( XP or Vista driver)
    If you print 'normally' ( not in IE) is it OK ? Only an issue with
    Internet printing ?
    How about Page SETUP and then PRINT PREVIEW from IE ... does it "look
    like" it should print correctly ? Or is it not right in preview too ?
     
    - Bobb -, Nov 21, 2007
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. jtees4

    jtees4 Guest

    Re: Vista IE Print Size

    On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 20:12:49 -0500, "- Bobb -" <bobb@noemail.123>
    wrote:

    >
    >"jtees4" <> wrote in message
    >news:...
    >> Have a new computer at work due to a robbery. Has Vista and IE7. 22"
    >> display. I am fairly old and have trouble seeing small things. I
    >> changed the settings for the display..and that is fine. I changed IE
    >> settings to make things appear bigger on screen. I am having a problem
    >> when printing from IE. Pages that used to look fine are now tiny. Is
    >> there a setting that I need to look into? Thank you for any help.

    >
    >Sorry a few questions first...
    >
    >In your PRINTER settings, is it using the proper driver ? (what type
    >printer ? ) ( XP or Vista driver)
    >If you print 'normally' ( not in IE) is it OK ? Only an issue with
    >Internet printing ?
    >How about Page SETUP and then PRINT PREVIEW from IE ... does it "look
    >like" it should print correctly ? Or is it not right in preview too ?
    >


    Long story, I'll try to keep it short. The same thing happens on two
    computers, two printers. One is IE6 and XP. One is Vista IE7. It is
    not a printer issue. This morning at work (the Vista IE7 one) I
    stumbled upon the page setup thing. That would work, but the problem
    with that is I can't set that to do it all the time...not an issue for
    me...but it is an issue for others thsat use that computer and can't
    do much of anything on it. I have not tried Preview yet, I was just
    mad aware of that today and have not been back to work to try it yet.
    IE6 (home) does not have these same features as far as I know.
    However, I have the exact same issue with my home computer and many
    web siters, not all...but a few important ones. And yes, it seems to
    only be an issue with internet printing. I'd tend to think it has
    something to do with the website (an important work one) but it was
    just fine on the old computer which was stolen and just replaced. I
    appreciate your help, I sopke to Microsoft today, and they had nothing
    to offer other than what you just told me.
     
    jtees4, Nov 21, 2007
    #3
  4. jtees4

    - Bobb - Guest

    Re: Vista IE Print Size

    "jtees4" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 20:12:49 -0500, "- Bobb -" <bobb@noemail.123>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>
    >>"jtees4" <> wrote in message
    >>news:...
    >>> Have a new computer at work due to a robbery. Has Vista and IE7. 22"
    >>> display. I am fairly old and have trouble seeing small things. I
    >>> changed the settings for the display..and that is fine. I changed IE
    >>> settings to make things appear bigger on screen. I am having a problem
    >>> when printing from IE. Pages that used to look fine are now tiny. Is
    >>> there a setting that I need to look into? Thank you for any help.

    >>
    >>Sorry a few questions first...
    >>
    >>In your PRINTER settings, is it using the proper driver ? (what type
    >>printer ? ) ( XP or Vista driver)
    >>If you print 'normally' ( not in IE) is it OK ? Only an issue with
    >>Internet printing ?
    >>How about Page SETUP and then PRINT PREVIEW from IE ... does it "look
    >>like" it should print correctly ? Or is it not right in preview too ?
    >>

    >
    > Long story, I'll try to keep it short. The same thing happens on two
    > computers, two printers. One is IE6 and XP. One is Vista IE7. It is
    > not a printer issue. This morning at work (the Vista IE7 one) I
    > stumbled upon the page setup thing. That would work, but the problem
    > with that is I can't set that to do it all the time



    Can you do it ONCE to see if that's the fix ?

    > ...not an issue for me...
    > but it is an issue for others that use that computer and can't
    > do much of anything on it.


    You lost me here ....
    So using that SAME PC - printing the SAME webpage, OTHER people can print
    fine ? If so, the only variable is YOUR ACCOUNT.

    Other PC can print webpage OK ?
    Check START-CONTROL PANEL - PRINTERS - choose your printer - right click -
    Preferences
    Compare printer settings to the others users' PC.
    Landscape ? /portrait ?

    > I have not tried Preview yet, I was just
    > mad aware of that today and have not been back to work to try it yet.
    > IE6 (home) does not have these same features as far as I know.
    > However, I have the exact same issue with my home computer and many
    > web siters, not all...but a few important ones. And yes, it seems to
    > only be an issue with internet printing. I'd tend to think it has
    > something to do with the website (an important work one) but it was
    > just fine on the old computer which was stolen and just replaced. I
    > appreciate your help, I sopke to Microsoft today, and they had nothing
    > to offer other than what you just told me.


    Does THAT webpage require some special software ( which may have been on
    the old PC) ?

    If it was OK on 2 pc's and NOW bad on both PC's I would asume that YES
    that one website changed. Keep it simple: go to www.GOOGLE.com and do a
    PRINT. If the layout on the paper is fine ( not all "tiny") try a few
    others - OK ? then it proves that the one webpage has changed. Talk to
    "whoever is in charge at work" and ask them:
    "what settings do I need in IE setup?" Then go to Internet Explorer-
    Tools- Internet Options - Advanced " and scroll down .... there are a LOT
    of boxes to check
     
    - Bobb -, Nov 22, 2007
    #4
  5. jtees4

    jtees4 Guest

    Re: Vista IE Print Size

    On Thu, 22 Nov 2007 09:11:33 -0500, "- Bobb -" <bobb@noemail.123>
    wrote:

    >
    >"jtees4" <> wrote in message
    >news:...
    >> On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 20:12:49 -0500, "- Bobb -" <bobb@noemail.123>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>
    >>>"jtees4" <> wrote in message
    >>>news:...
    >>>> Have a new computer at work due to a robbery. Has Vista and IE7. 22"
    >>>> display. I am fairly old and have trouble seeing small things. I
    >>>> changed the settings for the display..and that is fine. I changed IE
    >>>> settings to make things appear bigger on screen. I am having a problem
    >>>> when printing from IE. Pages that used to look fine are now tiny. Is
    >>>> there a setting that I need to look into? Thank you for any help.
    >>>
    >>>Sorry a few questions first...
    >>>
    >>>In your PRINTER settings, is it using the proper driver ? (what type
    >>>printer ? ) ( XP or Vista driver)
    >>>If you print 'normally' ( not in IE) is it OK ? Only an issue with
    >>>Internet printing ?
    >>>How about Page SETUP and then PRINT PREVIEW from IE ... does it "look
    >>>like" it should print correctly ? Or is it not right in preview too ?
    >>>

    >>
    >> Long story, I'll try to keep it short. The same thing happens on two
    >> computers, two printers. One is IE6 and XP. One is Vista IE7. It is
    >> not a printer issue. This morning at work (the Vista IE7 one) I
    >> stumbled upon the page setup thing. That would work, but the problem
    >> with that is I can't set that to do it all the time

    >
    >
    >Can you do it ONCE to see if that's the fix ?
    >
    >> ...not an issue for me...
    >> but it is an issue for others that use that computer and can't
    >> do much of anything on it.

    >
    >You lost me here ....
    >So using that SAME PC - printing the SAME webpage, OTHER people can print
    >fine ? If so, the only variable is YOUR ACCOUNT.
    >
    >Other PC can print webpage OK ?
    >Check START-CONTROL PANEL - PRINTERS - choose your printer - right click -
    >Preferences
    >Compare printer settings to the others users' PC.
    >Landscape ? /portrait ?
    >
    >> I have not tried Preview yet, I was just
    >> mad aware of that today and have not been back to work to try it yet.
    >> IE6 (home) does not have these same features as far as I know.
    >> However, I have the exact same issue with my home computer and many
    >> web siters, not all...but a few important ones. And yes, it seems to
    >> only be an issue with internet printing. I'd tend to think it has
    >> something to do with the website (an important work one) but it was
    >> just fine on the old computer which was stolen and just replaced. I
    >> appreciate your help, I sopke to Microsoft today, and they had nothing
    >> to offer other than what you just told me.

    >
    >Does THAT webpage require some special software ( which may have been on
    >the old PC) ?
    >
    >If it was OK on 2 pc's and NOW bad on both PC's I would asume that YES
    >that one website changed. Keep it simple: go to www.GOOGLE.com and do a
    >PRINT. If the layout on the paper is fine ( not all "tiny") try a few
    >others - OK ? then it proves that the one webpage has changed. Talk to
    >"whoever is in charge at work" and ask them:
    >"what settings do I need in IE setup?" Then go to Internet Explorer-
    >Tools- Internet Options - Advanced " and scroll down .... there are a LOT
    >of boxes to check


    I did not explain very well. OK. It does not affect only me. I have
    XP IE6 at home. Had this for a year with 22" monitor. A specific bank
    site that I use every morning at work has to be printed out every day.
    I normally do this at work...which was a older XP with 17" display.
    Always printed fine. Once in awhile I would print it at home....and it
    would be tiny. Not a problem, rarely needed it from home. Work
    computer got stolen last week. Replaced it with a Vista IE7 22"
    monitor. Different printer than home computer....but now at work it
    prints tiny...exactly like my home computer. I have barely used work
    computer yet, so I really didn't have time to try too much. I will be
    there Monday, and will try all the things I discovered as far as the
    page setup etc. The webpage did not change. It's not a page layout
    issue. Only the computer, and specifically the size of the monitor
    changed. As far as the desktop, I changed the display settings so the
    desktop size is fine. The page looks fine in IEon the display, just
    prints tiny...same for both computers. IE7 has many printing tools
    which IE6 (home...where I am now) has. Tha's why I can't really do
    much until I am back to work. The scary part for me is that I stumped
    Microsoft technical support with this one yesterday. I believe
    changing the page setup will work....only it can't be set to always
    stay the size (zoom I guess) I change it to. Not a problem for me, but
    my boss who prints the sheet out before I come in won't be able to
    change the setting and print it...sad, I know...but true. Hope I made
    a little more sense. Have a great Thanksgiving if you celebrate it.
     
    jtees4, Nov 22, 2007
    #5
  6. jtees4

    - Bobb - Guest

    Re: Vista IE Print Size

    "jtees4" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > On Thu, 22 Nov 2007 09:11:33 -0500, "- Bobb -" <bobb@noemail.123>
    > wrote:

    << snipped>>
    >
    > I did not explain very well. OK. It does not affect only me. I have
    > XP IE6 at home. Had this for a year with 22" monitor. A specific bank
    > site that I use every morning at work has to be printed out every day.
    > I normally do this at work...which was a older XP with 17" display.
    > Always printed fine. Once in awhile I would print it at home....and it
    > would be tiny. Not a problem, rarely needed it from home. Work
    > computer got stolen last week. Replaced it with a Vista IE7 22"
    > monitor. Different printer than home computer....but now at work it
    > prints tiny...exactly like my home computer. I have barely used work
    > computer yet, so I really didn't have time to try too much. I will be
    > there Monday, and will try all the things I discovered as far as the
    > page setup etc. The webpage did not change. It's not a page layout
    > issue. Only the computer, and specifically the size of the monitor
    > changed. As far as the desktop, I changed the display settings so the
    > desktop size is fine. The page looks fine in IEon the display, just
    > prints tiny...same for both computers. IE7 has many printing tools
    > which IE6 (home...where I am now) has. Tha's why I can't really do
    > much until I am back to work. The scary part for me is that I stumped
    > Microsoft technical support with this one yesterday. I believe
    > changing the page setup will work....only it can't be set to always
    > stay the size (zoom I guess) I change it to. Not a problem for me, but
    > my boss who prints the sheet out before I come in won't be able to
    > change the setting and print it...sad, I know...but true. Hope I made
    > a little more sense. Have a great Thanksgiving if you celebrate it.


    When you select PRINT on any other website , does it look OK ?
    When you select PRINT, click the options tab first - is " As laid out on
    screen " selected? If so and still not right, there was probably some
    software from that website that was downloaded long ago onto the old PC.
    Web design has changed in the last few years ..... If you could ' print
    the screen' would that work ?

    If so, rather than us trying to troubleshoot that one website, download a
    free program like Printkey and you can then define a HOTKEY. When you hit
    the HOTKEY you can select PRINT to print the entire page. or use the
    crosshairs to only print part of the screen etc.
    It prints exactly what's on the screen.

    http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file/fid,22960-order,1-page,1-c,alldownloads/description.htmlOlder version:http://www.ldir.com/ldloads.html#utilities
     
    - Bobb -, Nov 27, 2007
    #6
  7. jtees4

    jtees4 Guest

    Re: Vista IE Print Size

    On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 09:56:04 -0500, "- Bobb -" <bobb@noemail.123>
    wrote:

    >
    >"jtees4" <> wrote in message
    >news:...
    >> On Thu, 22 Nov 2007 09:11:33 -0500, "- Bobb -" <bobb@noemail.123>
    >> wrote:

    ><< snipped>>
    >>
    >> I did not explain very well. OK. It does not affect only me. I have
    >> XP IE6 at home. Had this for a year with 22" monitor. A specific bank
    >> site that I use every morning at work has to be printed out every day.
    >> I normally do this at work...which was a older XP with 17" display.
    >> Always printed fine. Once in awhile I would print it at home....and it
    >> would be tiny. Not a problem, rarely needed it from home. Work
    >> computer got stolen last week. Replaced it with a Vista IE7 22"
    >> monitor. Different printer than home computer....but now at work it
    >> prints tiny...exactly like my home computer. I have barely used work
    >> computer yet, so I really didn't have time to try too much. I will be
    >> there Monday, and will try all the things I discovered as far as the
    >> page setup etc. The webpage did not change. It's not a page layout
    >> issue. Only the computer, and specifically the size of the monitor
    >> changed. As far as the desktop, I changed the display settings so the
    >> desktop size is fine. The page looks fine in IEon the display, just
    >> prints tiny...same for both computers. IE7 has many printing tools
    >> which IE6 (home...where I am now) has. Tha's why I can't really do
    >> much until I am back to work. The scary part for me is that I stumped
    >> Microsoft technical support with this one yesterday. I believe
    >> changing the page setup will work....only it can't be set to always
    >> stay the size (zoom I guess) I change it to. Not a problem for me, but
    >> my boss who prints the sheet out before I come in won't be able to
    >> change the setting and print it...sad, I know...but true. Hope I made
    >> a little more sense. Have a great Thanksgiving if you celebrate it.

    >
    >When you select PRINT on any other website , does it look OK ?
    >When you select PRINT, click the options tab first - is " As laid out on
    >screen " selected? If so and still not right, there was probably some
    >software from that website that was downloaded long ago onto the old PC.
    >Web design has changed in the last few years ..... If you could ' print
    >the screen' would that work ?
    >
    >If so, rather than us trying to troubleshoot that one website, download a
    >free program like Printkey and you can then define a HOTKEY. When you hit
    >the HOTKEY you can select PRINT to print the entire page. or use the
    >crosshairs to only print part of the screen etc.
    >It prints exactly what's on the screen.
    >
    > http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file/fid,22960-order,1-page,1-c,alldownloads/description.htmlOlder version:http://www.ldir.com/ldloads.html#utilities



    I got back to work yesterday. The print preview in IE7 works. I just
    change it to 100% and it prints in regular size same as the old
    computer. Unfortunately I don't think there is a way to keep this as a
    default setting. If I run into any other problems, I will certainly
    try your suggestions. Thanks.
     
    jtees4, Nov 27, 2007
    #7
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. =?Utf-8?B?c21hc2g=?=

    dual booting vist rc1 64 bit

    =?Utf-8?B?c21hc2g=?=, Sep 15, 2006, in forum: Windows 64bit
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    378
    David Wilkinson
    Sep 22, 2006
  2. PeeCee

    Flaws in Vist Imaging?

    PeeCee, Aug 26, 2007, in forum: NZ Computing
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    391
    PeeCee
    Aug 26, 2007
  3. hello34

    windows vist 64 bit operating system

    hello34, Feb 2, 2008, in forum: Windows 64bit
    Replies:
    16
    Views:
    1,833
    Colin Barnhorst
    Feb 16, 2008
  4. Vist & Zonealarm firewall

    , Jan 28, 2009, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    519
  5. joevan
    Replies:
    7
    Views:
    335
    meerkat
    Jan 14, 2010
Loading...

Share This Page