visiting Ukraine

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Dave, Oct 18, 2003.

  1. Dave

    Dave Guest

    I have phone the london Ukranian embassy, and they said I need a letter of
    invitation to go with my private visit visa, yet if you look at this website
    http://www.ukremb.org.uk/eng/cvs/info/invitations.html it says nationals of
    EU countries which I assume the UK is, the letter is not needed.
    I could easily get a tourist visa with a letter from hotel corfirming the
    booking, but I am staying with girlfriend, so it seems silly to get a
    tourist visa.
    Has anyone else got any knowledge on this, I just want to get my facts right
    before I ring em again
    Dave

    FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM!
    http://mail.giantcompany.com

    Dave, Oct 18, 2003

  2. Dave

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Dave continued:

    > I have phone the london Ukranian embassy, and they said I need a
    > letter of invitation to go with my private visit visa, yet if you
    > look at this website
    > http://www.ukremb.org.uk/eng/cvs/info/invitations.html it says
    > nationals of EU countries which I assume the UK is, the letter is not
    > needed.
    > I could easily get a tourist visa with a letter from hotel corfirming
    > the booking, but I am staying with girlfriend, so it seems silly to
    > get a tourist visa.
    > Has anyone else got any knowledge on this, I just want to get my
    > facts right before I ring em again
    > Dave

    Having dealt with quite a few Embassies over the years I can confirm
    they have so many rules it gets silly.

    The website actually says this:

    **Nationals of the EU countries, Canada, Japan, Slovak Republic, Swiss
    Confederation, Republic of Turkey, United States of America who apply
    for business, private, scientific, sporting and cultural visas do not
    require a letter of invitation from Ukraine.

    For Business Visa (Single/Double entry)
    Each application should be accompanied by a letter of invitation from
    the relevant Ukrainian company or organization (a faxed copy may be
    accepted). The invitation should state full name of the applicant and
    the purpose of journey.**

    This is obviously a contradiction - I would suggest trying their
    national airline (the people there will have more experience dealing
    with the embassy) or an agency like Hogg Robinson, who may be prepared
    to dispense free advice if you talk to them the right way. Do not let
    them try to talk you into letting them handle your application - it will
    cost you a fortune.
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Oct 18, 2003

  3. Dave

    Dave Guest

    Thnx m8y
    I emailed hogg robinson, now I.ll try Ukranian airlines

    FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM!
    http://mail.giantcompany.com

    Dave, Oct 18, 2003
  4. Dave

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Dave continued:

    > Thnx m8y
    > I emailed hogg robinson, now I.ll try Ukranian airlines

    NP :)
    --
    slumpy
    no more