    3. Some also suggest a combination of both.

    Please let me know your views.

    Thanks.
    Supreme Soul, Oct 11, 2004

  2. UV for those really sunny days.

    Dave

    David H. Lipman, Oct 11, 2004

  3. Supreme Soul

    McLeod Guest

    On 11 Oct 2004 11:31:35 -0700, (Supreme Soul)
    wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >I will be travelling to India very soon and am planning to take a lot
    >of pictures for my Hobby. Since most pictures I look online of India
    >are colorful I wanted to know what are the best filters I should carry
    >with my Nikon D70 to bring out the color saturation of skin tones as
    >well as clothing and of the landscapes ?
    >
    >Here's what I have found so far from internet:
    >
    >1. Polarizer for Landscapes and blue skys
    >2. 81B Warmup filter for good skin tones and color
    >3. Some also suggest a combination of both.
    >
    >Please let me know your views.
    >
    >Thanks.

    One of the most useful filters for building and landscapes I have ever
    owned is the blue-yellow cokin polarizer. Even if you don't like
    Cokin filters this thing is glass and it's awesome.
    McLeod, Oct 11, 2004
  4. Supreme Soul

    Bhup Guest

    Above all make sure you take some plastic bags clear ones( sandwich bags)
    they can be used to put some equipment in to guard against dust. If your
    going soon the heat will not be a problem. When I went I took a F3 and a
    couple of lens as I wanted to travel light.

    --
    All outgoing emails are scanned with Norton Antivirus 2003

    Bhup, Oct 12, 2004
  5. Supreme Soul

    C J Campbell Guest

    > Hello,
    >
    > I will be travelling to India very soon and am planning to take a lot
    > of pictures for my Hobby. Since most pictures I look online of India
    > are colorful I wanted to know what are the best filters I should carry
    > with my Nikon D70 to bring out the color saturation of skin tones as
    > well as clothing and of the landscapes ?

    Use a plain polarizer and adjust your color in Photoshop.
    C J Campbell, Oct 13, 2004
  6. Supreme Soul

    Mr Jessop Guest

    "C J Campbell" <> wrote in message

    > "Supreme Soul" <> wrote in message
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I will be travelling to India very soon and am planning to take a lot
    >> of pictures for my Hobby. Since most pictures I look online of India
    >> are colorful I wanted to know what are the best filters I should carry
    >> with my Nikon D70 to bring out the color saturation of skin tones as
    >> well as clothing and of the landscapes ?

    > Use a plain polarizer and adjust your color in Photoshop.

    I would also add read the manual carefully. Its scary how much processing
    can be done "in camera". You really only need a graduated filter, a proper
    uv filter (not a skylight) and a polarizer. I would suggest goint to your
    nearest jessops and buying the cokin kit for the nikon d70. They have one
    for the canon 300d too.
    Mr Jessop, Oct 13, 2004