    and programs, except it has XP Home). I have read other forums and
    made sure that I keep web content stored for nine days. If anyone has
    suggestions than feel free to add them.
    Felix, Jun 7, 2007

  2. Felix

    Guest

    On Jun 6, 6:19 pm, Felix <> wrote:
    > I have tried everything to tackle this problem. I just built a new
    > computer, installed XP Pro and FireFox. When I click on unvisited
    > links (color blue) they wont change to the visited color (purple). If
    > I go to Tools->Options->Content->Colors and uncheck the "Allow pages
    > to use their own colors..." then the links will change color but all
    > the graphics are messed up and it makes webpages look awful. Many
    > pages do change the colors as needed, but google in particular does
    > not! The same exact problem has occurred in Internet Explorer 7.

    if the problem also occures in IE7, then its not a FF problem, but
    rather a system problem.
    , Jun 7, 2007

  3. Felix

    Felix Guest

    On Jun 6, 6:51 pm, wrote:
    > On Jun 6, 6:19 pm, Felix <> wrote:
    >
    > > I have tried everything to tackle this problem. I just built a new
    > > computer, installed XP Pro and FireFox. When I click on unvisited
    > > links (color blue) they wont change to the visited color (purple). If
    > > I go to Tools->Options->Content->Colors and uncheck the "Allow pages
    > > to use their own colors..." then the links will change color but all
    > > the graphics are messed up and it makes webpages look awful. Many
    > > pages do change the colors as needed, but google in particular does
    > > not! The same exact problem has occurred in Internet Explorer 7.

    > if the problem also occures in IE7, then its not a FF problem, but
    > rather a system problem.

    Thanks for the reply. I agree with you. I have never heard of this
    myself, nor have I seen this problem until now. I've checked other
    forums but their solutions have not helped. I've upgraded XP and FF
    and IE but still the problem remains.
    Felix, Jun 7, 2007
  4. Felix

    Guest

    On Jun 6, 7:00 pm, Felix <> wrote:
    > On Jun 6, 6:51 pm, wrote:
    >
    > > On Jun 6, 6:19 pm, Felix <> wrote:

    > > > I have tried everything to tackle this problem. I just built a new
    > > > computer, installed XP Pro and FireFox. When I click on unvisited
    > > > links (color blue) they wont change to the visited color (purple). If
    > > > I go to Tools->Options->Content->Colors and uncheck the "Allow pages
    > > > to use their own colors..." then the links will change color but all
    > > > the graphics are messed up and it makes webpages look awful. Many
    > > > pages do change the colors as needed, but google in particular does
    > > > not! The same exact problem has occurred in Internet Explorer 7.

    > > if the problem also occures in IE7, then its not a FF problem, but
    > > rather a system problem.

    > Thanks for the reply. I agree with you. I have never heard of this
    > myself, nor have I seen this problem until now. I've checked other
    > forums but their solutions have not helped. I've upgraded XP and FF
    > and IE but still the problem remains.

    all I can say is since it also happens to IE, then its not a FF
    problem. Perhaps its a setting in control panel or something else. I
    don't know.

    What are the solutions from the other forums? Perhaps I can work from
    there. But like I said, since its happening to IE, then the problem is
    a system one.
    , Jun 7, 2007
  5. Felix

    Felix Guest

    Here are some suggestions I've seen. 1.) Keep your pages in
    history for at least one day. 2.) Tools->Internet Options-
    >Accessibility and check "Ignore colors specified on web

    pages..." (this makes web pages look awful, but the links show correct
    color)

    I keep web pages for nine days, but the links still show problems. I
    don't want to ignore a web page's colors since they look awful. My
    laptop does not seem to have a problem keeping track of links and
    displays the pages perfectly. I will look around in control panel and
    hope I see something.
    Felix, Jun 7, 2007
  6. > I keep web pages for nine days, but the links still show problems. I
    > don't want to ignore a web page's colors since they look awful. My
    > laptop does not seem to have a problem keeping track of links and
    > displays the pages perfectly. I will look around in control panel and
    > hope I see something.

    Are you using a Commodore 64 with ANSI graphics?
    BigOleBadAssBob, Jun 8, 2007
  7. Felix

    Felix Guest

    On Jun 7, 11:54 pm, BigOleBadAssBob <> wrote:
    > > I keep web pages for nine days, but the links still show problems. I
    > > don't want to ignore a web page's colors since they look awful. My
    > > laptop does not seem to have a problem keeping track of links and
    > > displays the pages perfectly. I will look around in control panel and
    > > hope I see something.

    > Are you using a Commodore 64 with ANSI graphics?

    No. If a web page's color preferences are ignored, than no graphics
    appear and just plain text seems to show up on the page (most of the
    time). Kind of a weird situation. I am very computer literate and know
    how to build computers and network, etc. However, this problem still
    evades me, I've never had to use a forum before until
    this problem.

    Try for yourself:

    If you use FireFox Tools->Options->Content->Colors and uncheck the
    "Allow pages to use their own colors..."

    For IE 7 than Tools->Internet Options->Accessibility and check "Ignore
    colors specified on web.." Then your webpages might look like a C64
    with ANSI graphics.

    Try it and let me know if your machine does the same. Be sure to set
    it back.
    Felix, Jun 9, 2007
  8. Felix

    Felix Guest

    Wow, this problem just suddenly resolved itself. I swear that I did
    not do anything. I did a search using google and all the links I visit
    turned purple. This has to be the weirdest problem I've seen. For all
    those stuck in a similar situation, try the previous suggestions and
    if they don't work than just wait about a week. I the last thing I
    installed was a C++ plugin for NetBeans 5.5.1 and Sony digital camera
    software. I don't know if those had an effect, but if you're out of
    options than what the heck.

    Thanks everyone,

    Felix
    Felix, Jun 9, 2007