visited links: how to alias website names?

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Gernot Hassenpflug, Feb 2, 2007.

  1. Dear browers experts,

    I searched for threads with this kind of topic, to no avail.

    I would like my mozilla/firefox/iceape to mark visited links in pages
    on a website which has several URLs depending on whether one visits a
    page using the usual URL or via PHP scripted buttons on the pages.

    So, for example, the nominal page might be
    http://www.something.org/page1
    when travelled to from outside, but changes to
    http://forum.something.org/page1
    when accessed by a button in the forum page.

    The above issue means that although the contents are the same (page1),
    the browser keeps the list of visited links distinct. Visiting links
    in one version of page1 does not mark them in the other version, and
    vice versa.

    I think the issue is with the browser's history, and would like to
    know if this is in fact the case (diagnosis) and if so, what solution
    one might be able to construct on the browser side, such as trying to
    alias the two URLs to the same logical location for the browser to
    mark visited links.

    Any comments and ideas welcome. Many thanks in advance,
    Gernot
    --
    開心 - 好運気 (Kai Xin - Hao Yun Qi)
    Be happy and joyful - and share that joy with others

    Gernot Hassenpflug, Feb 2, 2007

  2. *Gernot Hassenpflug* wrote on 02.02.07 15:10:
    > Dear browers experts,

    [..snip..]

    > Any comments and ideas welcome. Many thanks in advance,

    Assuming that you speak german, you could try to post your
    request in de.comm.software.mozilla.browser. There's more
    traffic and it would be easier for you to describe what you're looking
    for.
    Beside that i don't think that there's a solution for your problem.

    cu, Miller

    --
    http://www.miller.de.gg
    http://unfug.de.gg

    =?UTF-8?B?QnVya2hhcmQgTcO8bGxlcg==?=, Feb 4, 2007