    I even went as far as dumping IE7 and making FF my default browser.
    WTF?

    R.
    John Smith, May 12, 2007

  2. John Smith

    Danny Colyer Guest

    John Smith wrote:
    > I've been trying various builds of Firefox for over a year, including the
    > latest, and always have the same problem.
    > Visited links will NOT change from blue to purple as set by default in the
    > browser no matter what website.
    > I even went as far as dumping IE7 and making FF my default browser.
    > WTF?

    Assuming you mean the links as displayed in FF, how long do you save
    your history for (set in Tools > Options > Privacy)? A previously
    visited link will only be displayed in purple for as long as the page
    linked to is listed in history.

    Alternatively, if you mean that you click on a link in an e-mail or a
    usenet posting and you want OE to then display the link in purple, I
    don't believe that's possible. The fact that TB doesn't change the
    colour of visited links has been a minor irritation to me for years, but
    I don't think there's any way around it as long as I choose to use
    separate applications for e-mail and web browsing.

    "Daddy, put that down. Daddy, put that down. Daddy, put that down.
    Daddy, why did you put that down?" - Charlie Colyer, age 2
    Danny Colyer, May 12, 2007

  3. Danny Colyer wrote:
    > John Smith wrote:
    >> I've been trying various builds of Firefox for over a year, including
    >> the latest, and always have the same problem.
    >> Visited links will NOT change from blue to purple as set by default in
    >> the browser no matter what website.
    >> I even went as far as dumping IE7 and making FF my default browser.
    >> WTF?

    > Assuming you mean the links as displayed in FF, how long do you save
    > your history for (set in Tools > Options > Privacy)? A previously
    > visited link will only be displayed in purple for as long as the page
    > linked to is listed in history.
    >
    > Alternatively, if you mean that you click on a link in an e-mail or a
    > usenet posting and you want OE to then display the link in purple, I
    > don't believe that's possible. The fact that TB doesn't change the
    > colour of visited links has been a minor irritation to me for years, but
    > I don't think there's any way around it as long as I choose to use
    > separate applications for e-mail and web browsing.

    The color selection can be as you choose, or as the web sites choose

    [Firefox-->Preferences]*-->Content

    <Colors...>

    X Allow pages to choose their own colors, instead of my selections above

    Having that checked means that your chosen colours will not be used
    Having that unchecked means that only your colours will be used (be
    prepared for some really garish co-ordinates <grin>)

    The history pointer as stated above is necessary as well

    Be advised that some web sites choose the SAME colour for both visited
    and non visited sites

    *varies by OS
    Windows
    [Tools-->Options]