Visita Home Premium SP2 Network Connection Problem

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Vampire13, Jan 28, 2010.

  1. Vampire13

    Vampire13 Guest

    Several days ago, Vista suddenly stopped "remembering" my network
    connection. Each time I want to connect I am asked to enter the network
    password. While connected, my network is visible in the Network and
    Sharing Center but, as soon as there is a disconnect the network
    disappears and nothing is visible. While visible it shows as a Public
    network and reading some knowledge base docs indicates that might be the
    problem and suggests renaming it as a home network. Unfortunately, no
    matter how I approach the network settings I cannot find the dialogue
    box that allows that.

    It seems that something has been corrupted. I have scanned my system
    with Comodo but nothing was found. I would appreciate it if someone
    could point me in the right direction, I sincerely miss the auto connect
    option.

    BTW,each time I am requested to sign in and am connected I check the
    "remember this.... and auto connect" boxes but VISTA does not remember.

    Thanks in advance.
    Vampire13, Jan 28, 2010

  2. Vampire13

    Carlos Guest

    Hi,
    Two different approaches:
    1.- CBFF (Carlos Brute Force Fix). Do a system restore to a date when
    everything was Ok. That should fix it.
    2.- If you feel like investigating, when viewing the Network and Sharing
    Center click on the "Public" icon (not the one in the upper map but the one
    below) and change it to Workgroup or Home. I prefer workgroup.
    I am at an XP machine now so I can't exactly describe item #2.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Jan 28, 2010