    see the Curch of Digital Mood

    Glamour Gallery in 3d with Chat and Avatars.....

    www.digitalmood.co.uk

    Rich, Nov 26, 2004

  2. Rich

    Des Perado Guest

    "Rich" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > see the Curch of Digital Mood
    >
    > Glamour Gallery in 3d with Chat and Avatars.....

    Right click on the missing pics on the home page to try to get them to show
    and a ridiculous copyright popup appears. Are the red Xes copyright too
    then?
    And please don't fiddle with the status bar - it's mine, not yours, and I
    like to see what _should_ be on it, not your flickering scrolling spam.
    I didn't bother exploring further, the one page was bad enough.
    By the way, what's JaVa? Is it somehow different from Java?
    Aaargh, popups and frames too. And a 'click here to enter'.
    What a disaster.

    Des Perado, Nov 26, 2004

  3. Rich

    Mark² Guest

    "Des Perado" <> wrote in message

    > "Rich" <> wrote in message
    > > see the Curch of Digital Mood
    > >
    > > Glamour Gallery in 3d with Chat and Avatars.....
    > >

    > Right click on the missing pics on the home page to try to get them to

    show
    > and a ridiculous copyright popup appears. Are the red Xes copyright too
    > then?
    > And please don't fiddle with the status bar - it's mine, not yours, and I
    > like to see what _should_ be on it, not your flickering scrolling spam.
    > I didn't bother exploring further, the one page was bad enough.
    > By the way, what's JaVa? Is it somehow different from Java?
    > Aaargh, popups and frames too. And a 'click here to enter'.
    > What a disaster.

    Worked fine for me...no pop-ups.
    You'd better run a check for spy-ware/ad-ware on your machine.

    Mark², Nov 26, 2004
  4. Rich

    Rich Guest

    theres only one pop up - and thats only on the guestbook.

    the site works fine.

    it would appear htat you have more problems than just your attitude Des

    Rich, Nov 26, 2004
  5. On 11/26/2004 8:51 AM, Rich said:

    > theres only one pop up - and thats only on the guestbook.
    >
    > the site works fine.
    >
    > it would appear htat you have more problems than just your attitude Des

    There's always the chance that this popup was done by Javascript --
    working in one browser and not the next. There's a lot of over-specific
    code out there, for good or ill.

    David H

    David Harrison, Nov 26, 2004
  6. On 11/26/2004 10:19 AM, David Harrison said:

    > There's always the chance that this popup was done by Javascript --
    > working in one browser and not the next. There's a lot of over-specific
    > code out there, for good or ill.
    >
    > David H

    Replying to myself -- must be losing it :)

    Just checked the page source -- there *is* an 'anti-theft' javascript
    snippet in there, which ought to generate a pop-up. Doesn't do a lot of
    good in a browser with selective controls over how scripts work, however...

    cheers,

    David H

    David Harrison, Nov 26, 2004
  7. Rich

    Pete S. Guest

    On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 00:22:04 -0800, "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even
    number here)@cox..net> wrote:

    >"Des Perado" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Rich" <> wrote in message
    >> > see the Curch of Digital Mood
    >> >
    >> > Glamour Gallery in 3d with Chat and Avatars.....
    >> >

    >> Right click on the missing pics on the home page to try to get them to

    >show
    >> and a ridiculous copyright popup appears. Are the red Xes copyright too
    >> then?
    >> And please don't fiddle with the status bar - it's mine, not yours, and I
    >> like to see what _should_ be on it, not your flickering scrolling spam.
    >> I didn't bother exploring further, the one page was bad enough.
    >> By the way, what's JaVa? Is it somehow different from Java?
    >> Aaargh, popups and frames too. And a 'click here to enter'.
    >> What a disaster.

    >Worked fine for me...no pop-ups.
    >You'd better run a check for spy-ware/ad-ware on your machine.

    Fine for me as well.

    Pete S.

    www.derwentelec.clara.co.uk

    Pete S., Nov 26, 2004
  8. Rich

    Chris Savage Guest

    On 2004-11-26, David Harrison <> wrote:

    > Just checked the page source -- there *is* an 'anti-theft' javascript
    > snippet in there, which ought to generate a pop-up. Doesn't do a lot of
    > good in a browser with selective controls over how scripts work, however...

    Even worse than all the javascript & java they seem to think "The Angel of
    the North" is in Newcastle. And what's with the hideously pink sky and
    clumsy, intrusive frame?

    --
    Chris Savage Kiss me. Or would you rather live in a
    Crawcrook,UK land where the soap won't lather?

    Chris Savage, Nov 26, 2004
  9. Rich

    Rich Guest

    My missus insisted that we go to that shopping centre in Newcastle (the
    Metro?? - i think) and there it was - the angel of the north at the side of
    the A1

    have they moved it?

    :)

    Rich, Nov 26, 2004
  10. Rich wrote:
    > see the Curch of Digital Mood
    >
    > Glamour Gallery in 3d with Chat and Avatars.....
    >

    > www.digitalmood.co.uk

    Site worked ok using Firefox

    news_whiteflyer, Nov 26, 2004
  11. "Rich" <> wrote in message
    > My missus insisted that we go to that shopping centre in Newcastle (the
    > Metro?? - i think) and there it was - the angel of the north at the side

    of
    > the A1
    >
    > have they moved it?
    >
    > :)

    Nope... but I guess you haven't looked at a map of the area, otherwise
    you'll realise that both the Metro Centre and the Angel of the North are in
    Gateshead.

    --
    Philip Rawson

    www.flymodels.co.uk
    www.aeromodeller.org

    Philip Rawson, Nov 26, 2004
  12. Rich

    Mike Hunter Guest

    "Philip Rawson" <please.contact.me thro.my >
    wrote in message news:78Ppd.827$...
    > "Rich" <> wrote in message
    >> My missus insisted that we go to that shopping centre in Newcastle (the
    >> Metro?? - i think) and there it was - the angel of the north at the side

    > of
    >> the A1
    >>
    >> have they moved it?
    >>
    >> :)

    > Nope... but I guess you haven't looked at a map of the area, otherwise
    > you'll realise that both the Metro Centre and the Angel of the North are
    > in
    > Gateshead.
    >
    > --
    > Philip Rawson
    >
    > www.flymodels.co.uk
    > www.aeromodeller.org

    Never heard of Gateshead - is it some suburb of Newcastle?

    Mike

    Mike Hunter, Nov 27, 2004
  13. "Mike Hunter" <> wrote in message
    > Never heard of Gateshead - is it some suburb of Newcastle?
    >
    > Mike

    I think you'd find that the people who live there don't think so...

    --
    Philip Rawson

    www.flymodels.co.uk
    www.aeromodeller.org

    Philip Rawson, Nov 27, 2004
  14. Rich

    Oink Guest

    anti theft java script... phht... do these images not download to your
    temporary internet cache ???

    Oink, Dec 23, 2004
  15. Rich

    David Magda Guest

    "Oink" <> writes:

    > anti theft java script... phht... do these images not download to
    > your temporary internet cache ???

    What about Flickr and its Flash-based way of doing things?

    --
    David Magda <dmagda at ee.ryerson.ca>, http://www.magda.ca/

    David Magda, Dec 23, 2004