    combination. Any similar experiences? Any solutions out there? Thanks!

    Kind regards

    robert

    Robert Klemme, May 30, 2006

  2. Robert Klemme wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > when I open an UML document created by Visio 2002 SP-2 my Visio 2003
    > hangs. All updates are installed. The web seems extremely mute on this
    > combination. Any similar experiences? Any solutions out there? Thanks!

    Correction: it's a DB schema document, UML seems to work ok.

    robert

    Robert Klemme, May 30, 2006

  3. Are you sure that this is an OS issue and not an Office issue? If the
    latter, you should post to a Visio ng. Your Visio is running under WOW64
    anyway, so the fact that you are on a 64-bit OS should not make any
    difference.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jun 1, 2006
  4. Colin Barnhorst wrote:
    > Are you sure that this is an OS issue and not an Office issue? If the
    > latter, you should post to a Visio ng. Your Visio is running under WOW64
    > anyway, so the fact that you are on a 64-bit OS should not make any
    > difference.

    It's an OS issue. The same version of Visio runs fine on a Windows 2000
    SP4 (32 bit) with the same document.

    Kind regards

    robert

    Robert Klemme, Jun 2, 2006
  5. Robert Klemme wrote:
    > Colin Barnhorst wrote:
    >> Are you sure that this is an OS issue and not an Office issue? If the
    >> latter, you should post to a Visio ng. Your Visio is running under
    >> WOW64 anyway, so the fact that you are on a 64-bit OS should not make
    >> any difference.

    > It's an OS issue. The same version of Visio runs fine on a Windows 2000
    > SP4 (32 bit) with the same document.

    Actually, all that could mean is that your specific version of Visio
    might not be WinXP-compatible, regardless of OS version. Comparing an
    OS's behavior on two different operating systems isn't a test of
    anything but the application's OS-compatibility.

    I know I've found and entered this thread late; what specific version
    of Visio are you trying to use? Visio Pro 2002 works just fine on my
    WinXPx64 machine; I'm afraid I don't have an older version readily
    available for testing. If you have an earlier version, have you tried
    running it in Compatibility Mode?

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    Bruce Chambers, Jun 3, 2006
  6. Bruce Chambers wrote:
    > Robert Klemme wrote:
    >> Colin Barnhorst wrote:
    >>> Are you sure that this is an OS issue and not an Office issue? If
    >>> the latter, you should post to a Visio ng. Your Visio is running
    >>> under WOW64 anyway, so the fact that you are on a 64-bit OS should
    >>> not make any difference.

    >> It's an OS issue. The same version of Visio runs fine on a Windows
    >> 2000 SP4 (32 bit) with the same document.
    >>

    > Actually, all that could mean is that your specific version of Visio
    > might not be WinXP-compatible, regardless of OS version. Comparing an
    > OS's behavior on two different operating systems isn't a test of
    > anything but the application's OS-compatibility.

    Well, yes. But it *does* work on a 32bit XP.

    > I know I've found and entered this thread late; what specific
    > version of Visio are you trying to use? Visio Pro 2002 works just fine
    > on my WinXPx64 machine; I'm afraid I don't have an older version readily
    > available for testing. If you have an earlier version, have you tried
    > running it in Compatibility Mode?

    It's Visio Professional 2003 (11.3216.6568)

    Unfortunately there we no entries in either of the local logs nor could
    I make any sense of the problem report that was generated when I killed
    the process. Too bad.

    Thanks for listening

    robert

    Robert Klemme, Jun 8, 2006