    couple of days?

    Cant see anything written about it anywhere, so am beginning to wonder...

    Gay

    brazen, Jul 27, 2006

  2. brazen

    EMB Guest

    brazen wrote:
    > Is it just us or are there a ton of virus ridden emails around the last
    > couple of days?
    >
    > Cant see anything written about it anywhere, so am beginning to wonder...

    Lots of them - our mailserver is catching more than usual

    EMB, Jul 27, 2006

  3. brazen

    Gib Bogle Guest

    brazen wrote:

    > Is it just us or are there a ton of virus ridden emails around the last
    > couple of days?
    >
    > Cant see anything written about it anywhere, so am beginning to wonder...
    >
    > Gay

    The spam catcher at work has been trapping emails supposedly from
    domains like bestbuy.com and amazon.com, with .exe content. I haven't
    seen these before.

    Gib Bogle, Jul 27, 2006
  4. brazen

    thingy Guest

    brazen wrote:
    > Is it just us or are there a ton of virus ridden emails around the last
    > couple of days?
    >
    > Cant see anything written about it anywhere, so am beginning to wonder...
    >
    > Gay

    yep.....

    Got through our 3 levels of virus defences.....nasty....social
    engineering, they now many firewalls block .exe's so sent it as a
    ..zip....complete with kernel32.dll "update" inside....

    regards

    Thing

    thingy, Jul 28, 2006
  5. brazen

    Who Am I Guest

    In article <>,
    thingy <> wrote:

    > brazen wrote:
    > > Is it just us or are there a ton of virus ridden emails around the last
    > > couple of days?
    > >
    > > Cant see anything written about it anywhere, so am beginning to wonder...
    > >
    > > Gay
    > >

    > yep.....
    >
    > Got through our 3 levels of virus defences.....nasty....social
    > engineering, they now many firewalls block .exe's so sent it as a
    > .zip....complete with kernel32.dll "update" inside....
    >
    > regards
    >
    > Thing

    (troll) Bugger, I run a Mac so I don't get all this fun (/Troll)

    Who Am I, Jul 28, 2006
  6. brazen

    thingy Guest

    Who Am I wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > thingy <> wrote:
    >

    >>brazen wrote:
    >>
    >>>Is it just us or are there a ton of virus ridden emails around the last
    >>>couple of days?
    >>>
    >>>Cant see anything written about it anywhere, so am beginning to wonder...
    >>>
    >>>Gay
    >>>

    >>yep.....
    >>
    >>Got through our 3 levels of virus defences.....nasty....social
    >>engineering, they now many firewalls block .exe's so sent it as a
    >>.zip....complete with kernel32.dll "update" inside....
    >>
    >>regards
    >>
    >>Thing

    > (troll) Bugger, I run a Mac so I don't get all this fun (/Troll)

    <troll> I run a linux box so I could strings it to look inside safely
    </troll>

    regards

    Thing

    thingy, Jul 28, 2006
  7. brazen

    Who Am I Guest

    In article <>,
    thingy <> wrote:

    > Who Am I wrote:
    > > In article <>,
    > > thingy <> wrote:

    > >>yep.....
    > >>
    > >>Got through our 3 levels of virus defences.....nasty....social
    > >>engineering, they now many firewalls block .exe's so sent it as a
    > >>.zip....complete with kernel32.dll "update" inside....
    > >>
    > >>regards
    > >>
    > >>Thing

    > > (troll) Bugger, I run a Mac so I don't get all this fun (/Troll)

    > <troll> I run a linux box so I could strings it to look inside safely
    > </troll>
    >
    > regards
    >
    > Thing

    <troll> The Mac can do exactly the same.... just better :) </troll>

    Who Am I, Aug 1, 2006