    stomp the drive and clean-reinstall windows, but he is resilient to that =)

    so, any ideas what we could do to get rid of those viruses?

    thx in advance..

    A. Schleifer, Oct 9, 2004

  2. ) Download the following three items...

    Trend Sysclean Package

    Latest Trend signature files.

    Adaware SE (personal free version)
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    Create a directory.
    On drive "C:\"
    (e.g., "c:\New Folder")
    or the desktop

    Download sysclean.com and place it in that directory.
    Dowload the signature files (pattern files) by obtaining the ZIP file.
    For example; lpt192.zip

    sysclean.com.

    2) Update Adware with the latest definitions.
    3) If you are using WinME or WinXP, disable System Restore
    4) Reboot your PC into Safe Mode
    5) Using both the Trend Sysclean utility and Adaware, perform a Full Scan of your
    platform and clean/delete any infectors/parasites found.
    6) Restart your PC and perform a "final" Full Scan of your platform using both the
    Trend Sysclean utility and Adaware
    7) If you are using WinME or WinXP,Re-enable System Restore and re-apply any
    System Restore preferences, (e.g. HD space to use suggested 400 ~ 600MB),
    8) Reboot your PC.
    9) If you are using WinME or WinXP, create a new Restore point
    10) Please report back your results

    Dave

    David H. Lipman, Oct 10, 2004