    I have no way of deleting this
    Do you have any clue what this coud be????
    ==============
    cleo, Aug 13, 2004

  2. On 13 Aug 2004 14:34:15 -0400,
    -spam.invalid (cleo) wrote:

    >I have been getting emails that have a subject line Mail Delivery or
    >something of the sort

    Please elaborate on the "something of the sort" part.

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Aug 13, 2004

  3. cleo

    MF Guest

    This is coming from OE - part of IE - running on Server 2003, which is
    running IIS, and cluster services which half the time I am too lazy to
    exclude from the internet (this is a bug and a vulnerability in 2003) and I
    go to dozens of highly suspect sites, and becase some of those sites can
    mimic an http get request, I ocasionally get a virus - but rarely - and a
    little more often a browser hijacker and/or popup delivery prg.

    I use a common, free firewall and and a common anti virus prog. If I didn't
    visit sleazebag sites, I would have ZERO problems. It's like the chief NT
    admin told me in 1998, when I was working for an ISP/Integrator/Training
    School that ran NT 4.0 exclusively--"If you take the trouble to learn about
    it, it will run reliably, secure, almost forever. If you don't, it won't"

    The security updates are automatic and take about 20 minutes per month. With
    xp and 03 you can make them completely automatic and that will work unless
    you are running a number of custom programs. If you are running custom
    programs, the automatic updates can break your system. As when, as Homer
    used to say, if you are running a chipped or otherwise hotrodded car,
    ordinary additions, or ordinary gasoline, can break it.

    Mike

    MF, Aug 14, 2004