    Event ID: 26

    Date: 16/12/2003

    Time: 10:51:06

    User: N/A

    Computer: KEVIN-MAIN

    Application popup: AVG Resident Shield : Virus

    Trojan horse BackDoor.Delf

    is found in file

    C:\System Volume
    Information\_restore{8EDEE4E5-020A-4D89-86FB-4233938B5653}\RP62\A0008203.exe

    To remove this virus, please run AVG for Windows

    Kevin Kelly, Dec 16, 2003

  2. Kevin Kelly

    Chris E Guest

    Try this: Go to My Computer... Properties... System Restore... and check the
    "Turn off System Restore" box. Restart the system and run another virus
    scan (make sure your .dat files are up to date). If the system finds a
    virus, continue normally and clean, quarentine, or delete the file(s).
    Restart the system again. Go back and uncheck the "Turn off System Restore"
    box. Restart and run another virus scan. I ran into this problem once
    before. It seems that System Restore has already backed up the files
    containing the virus and certain virus scan programs cannot alter the system
    restore files. It worked for me. Good luck.

    Chris
    A+, Net+

    Chris E, Dec 16, 2003

  3. Kevin Kelly

    Ghost Guest

    In article <IOBDb.9513$>, "Kevin
    Kelly" <> wrote:

    > Hello everyone,
    > Had a couple of viruses the other day, AVG dealt with them. Now i keep
    > getting the following alert, i run AVG, but it finds nothing, have done
    > online scans at Symantec and Mcafee and still nothing. Lokked in registry,
    > but not that confident about messing with it. Any suggestions?
    > Thanks,
    > Kev
    > Event Type: Information
    >
    > Event Source: Application Popup
    >
    > Event Category: None
    >
    > Event ID: 26
    >
    > Date: 16/12/2003
    >
    > Time: 10:51:06
    >
    > User: N/A
    >
    > Computer: KEVIN-MAIN

    > Application popup: AVG Resident Shield : Virus
    >
    > Trojan horse BackDoor.Delf
    >
    > is found in file
    >
    > C:\System Volume
    > Information\_restore{8EDEE4E5-020A-4D89-86FB-4233938B5653}\RP62\A0008203.exe
    >
    > To remove this virus, please run AVG for Windows

    just delete the file and don't worry about it.

    Ghost, Dec 16, 2003
  4. Kevin Kelly

    fros Guest

    what about with Windows 2000 - without the system restore ?

    --
    newsgroups signature

    fros, Dec 16, 2003
  5. Kevin Kelly

    Chris E Guest

    I don't know. Never ran into anything like that. He specifically asked a
    question that involved System Restore and I answered with a situation that I
    had run into. Wish I could help.

    Chris
    A+, Net+

    Chris E, Dec 16, 2003
  6. Kevin Kelly

    jonny bravo Guest

    "Ghost" <> wrote in message
    > In article <IOBDb.9513$>, "Kevin
    > Kelly" <> wrote:
    >
    > > Hello everyone,
    > > Had a couple of viruses the other day, AVG dealt with them. Now i keep
    > > getting the following alert, i run AVG, but it finds nothing, have done
    > > online scans at Symantec and Mcafee and still nothing. Lokked in

    registry,
    > > but not that confident about messing with it. Any suggestions?
    > > Thanks,
    > > Kev
    > > Event Type: Information
    > >
    > > Event Source: Application Popup
    > >
    > > Event Category: None
    > >
    > > Event ID: 26
    > >
    > > Date: 16/12/2003
    > >
    > > Time: 10:51:06
    > >
    > > User: N/A
    > >
    > > Computer: KEVIN-MAIN

    > > Application popup: AVG Resident Shield : Virus
    > >
    > > Trojan horse BackDoor.Delf
    > >
    > > is found in file
    > >
    > > C:\System Volume

    Information\_restore{8EDEE4E5-020A-4D89-86FB-4233938B5653}\RP62\A0008203.exe

    > > To remove this virus, please run AVG for Windows

    > just delete the file and don't worry about it.

    You cannot delete the file.... onlyw ay to get rid of it is turning off
    system restore...

    --
    Jonny Bravo

    ---

    jonny bravo, Dec 17, 2003
  7. Kevin Kelly

    Ghost Guest

    In article <ZBRDb.16832$P%>, "jonny
    bravo" <> wrote:

    > "Ghost" <> wrote in message
    > > In article <IOBDb.9513$>, "Kevin
    > > Kelly" <> wrote:
    > >
    > > > Hello everyone,
    > > > Had a couple of viruses the other day, AVG dealt with them. Now i keep
    > > > getting the following alert, i run AVG, but it finds nothing, have done
    > > > online scans at Symantec and Mcafee and still nothing. Lokked in

    > registry,
    > > > but not that confident about messing with it. Any suggestions?
    > > > Thanks,
    > > > Kev
    > > > Event Type: Information
    > > >
    > > > Event Source: Application Popup
    > > >
    > > > Event Category: None
    > > >
    > > > Event ID: 26
    > > >
    > > > Date: 16/12/2003
    > > >
    > > > Time: 10:51:06
    > > >
    > > > User: N/A
    > > >
    > > > Computer: KEVIN-MAIN

    > > > Application popup: AVG Resident Shield : Virus
    > > >
    > > > Trojan horse BackDoor.Delf
    > > >
    > > > is found in file
    > > >
    > > > C:\System Volume
    > > >

    > Information\_restore{8EDEE4E5-020A-4D89-86FB-4233938B5653}\RP62\A0008203.exe
    > > >
    > > > To remove this virus, please run AVG for Windows

    > > just delete the file and don't worry about it.

    > You cannot delete the file.... onlyw ay to get rid of it is turning off
    > system restore...

    and???

    turn off systerm retore, delete the file, then turn on system restore again...

    Ghost, Dec 17, 2003
  8. Kevin Kelly

    Pat Guest

    "fros" <> wrote in message
    > what about with Windows 2000 - without the system restore ?

    then he wouldn't get that particular error message about the virus being in
    the System Restore folder, now would he?

    Pat

    Pat, Dec 17, 2003