    recovery programme everything is there, it seems to be such a coincidence is
    there some virus going around?
    DH

    news.virgin.net, Mar 29, 2007

  2. news.virgin.net wrote:

    > I have had three computers in for repair lately with the same fault, the
    > hard drive is messed up not formatted, OS missing, when I use a data
    > recovery programme everything is there, it seems to be such a coincidence is
    > there some virus going around?

    Why do you think this is likely to be a virus and not just a simply
    failure?

    Sebastian Gottschalk, Mar 29, 2007

  3. "Sebastian Gottschalk" <> wrote in message
    > news.virgin.net wrote:
    >
    >> I have had three computers in for repair lately with the same fault, the
    >> hard drive is messed up not formatted, OS missing, when I use a data
    >> recovery programme everything is there, it seems to be such a coincidence
    >> is
    >> there some virus going around?

    > Why do you think this is likely to be a virus and not just a simply
    > failure?

    On three different computers?? disk drives are ok once re-formatted

    news.virgin.net, Mar 29, 2007
  4. news.virgin.net wrote:

    > "Sebastian Gottschalk" <> wrote in message
    >> news.virgin.net wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have had three computers in for repair lately with the same fault, the
    >>> hard drive is messed up not formatted, OS missing, when I use a data
    >>> recovery programme everything is there, it seems to be such a coincidence
    >>> is
    >>> there some virus going around?

    >> Why do you think this is likely to be a virus and not just a simply
    >> failure?

    > On three different computers??

    May I add about 20 more computers with exactly the same experience? This is
    what happens when a bad hard drive stumbles upon a bad transportation.

    Sebastian Gottschalk, Mar 29, 2007
  5. news.virgin.net

    Anders Guest

    news.virgin.net skrev:
    > I have had three computers in for repair lately with the same fault, the
    > hard drive is messed up not formatted, OS missing, when I use a data
    > recovery programme everything is there, it seems to be such a coincidence is
    > there some virus going around?
    > DH

    Is there some particular program you are installing on all three computers?
    Or something that is in some what the same for all three of them?
    Are you using any kind of protection, AV, PFW and/or FW?
    Are you making sure that no one can run prog outside you're knowing?

    After this has happen have you made an clean reinstall of the OS's or
    are you using an image?

    <GUESSING>If you make use of an image the problem can be on that in form
    of some virus,
    but I don't think it is an boot sector virus (they are a little bit
    tricky to
    install these days), virus for the boot section was almost only for floppy's
    back in the happy 80's.
    But it can be some of all this virus that overwrite you're .COM files
    and than
    destroy you're partition-table.</GUESSING>

    Little reading:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virus_(computing)

    /Anders

    Anders, Mar 29, 2007
  6. "Anders" <> wrote in message
    > news.virgin.net skrev:
    >> I have had three computers in for repair lately with the same fault, the
    >> hard drive is messed up not formatted, OS missing, when I use a data
    >> recovery programme everything is there, it seems to be such a coincidence
    >> is
    >> there some virus going around?
    >> DH
    >>

    > Is there some particular program you are installing on all three
    > computers?
    > Or something that is in some what the same for all three of them?
    > Are you using any kind of protection, AV, PFW and/or FW?
    > Are you making sure that no one can run prog outside you're knowing?
    >
    > After this has happen have you made an clean reinstall of the OS's or
    > are you using an image?
    >
    > <GUESSING>If you make use of an image the problem can be on that in form
    > of some virus,
    > but I don't think it is an boot sector virus (they are a little bit tricky
    > install these days), virus for the boot section was almost only for
    > floppy's
    > back in the happy 80's.
    > But it can be some of all this virus that overwrite you're .COM files and
    > than
    > destroy you're partition-table.</GUESSING>
    >
    > Little reading:
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virus_(computing)

    These are computers coming from other people with problens for repair I
    havn't installed anything only got them up and running again
    DH

    news.virgin.net, Mar 29, 2007
  7. news.virgin.net

    Fos Guest

    Fos, Jun 5, 2007
  8. news.virgin.net

    Leythos Guest

    In article <>, Fos.2rp63q@no-
    mx.wirelessforums.org says...

    > HI,
    > it could be a virus ... first u need to post your hijack log this log
    > can show you that either your computer infected or not...

    Do NOT POST HIJACK LOGS TO USENET - Follow the proper directions from
    the download site (if it's a valid site it will explain exactly
    where/how to post the logs) in order to get proper feedback.

    Posting HJLogs to Usenet only corrupts searches for poblem items.

    *** WARNING - these links contain foul/pornographic content of an
    website ***
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/rlk/rlk.htm Exposed to Kids ,
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/license.htm Exposed to Kids ,
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/max.htm Exposed to Kids ,