virus??

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Jan van Gastel, Apr 22, 2004.

  1. Jan van Gastel, Apr 22, 2004

  2. Jan van Gastel

    Pepperoni Guest

    possible aliases (search term "HLLO". McAfee)
    HLL.ow.11056 , HLLO.11056 (Trend, F-Prot), HLLO.Havoc.11056 (AVP/KAV),
    Magnum.6984 (NAV)

    HLLO.3968The virus over writes the infected file, thus making them useless.
    They must be replaced from backup. The virus over writes selected .EXE files
    with 3968 bytes of itself. Other than it displaying "A-13465 ", no other
    payload was found.

    HLLO.4870.B 4870 is an overwriting, file infecting virus. It does not become
    memory resident. It infects .COM and .EXE files, including COMMAND.COM.
    Each time an infected file is executed, the virus infects an uninfected .COM
    or .EXE file in the current directory.

    Additional Comments:
    The 4870 Overwriting virus was isolated in February, 1991. It's origin or
    isolation point is not known

    WM/MAGNUM.A (aliases: HLL.ow.11056 , HLLO.11056 (Trend, F-Prot),
    HLLO.Havoc.11056 (AVP/KAV), Magnum.6984 (NAV)
    This virus propagates by infecting Word Documents in Microsoft WORD Versions
    6.x / 7.x on Windows and Macintosh platforms. The virus consists of these
    macros:
    MAGNUM, TOOLSMACRO, EXTRASMAKRO

    in an infected document. The virus becomes active by using a Shortcut for
    the Space key.

    Looks like a whole family of nasty bugs. descriptions from McAfee virus
    info pages with search term "HLLO" more, too numerous to copy, none
    exactly matching your name.

    Pepperoni, Apr 22, 2004