    Thanks

    Dirk

    , Aug 19, 2004

  2. It is most likely SpyWare or Adware or some other malware that is not a virus.

    Use appropriate anti malware software such as AdAware by Lavasoft.

    Dave

    David H. Lipman, Aug 21, 2004

  3. <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > i have here about 450 Computers all with Symantec Antivirus.
    > But on one a process kills the hosts-file (windows\system32\drivers\etc)
    > Normally the hosts-file i copied by a login-script.
    > The script works an correctly copies the file but after one min. the
    > file is deleted.
    > I scanned the DH - without any result
    > If i copy the host-file manually it also get erased.
    > Does anyone have an idea?

    Does that machine have Spybot Search and Destroy running on it, or any other
    anti-spyware/adware products?

    --
    Richard S. Westmoreland
    http://www.antisource.com