    itself and the red M in the tray turns black. This has not happened tonight.
    I don't want to stay online all night with this. Is it ok just to sign off and
    forget it or what would you do?

    LRatley104, Jan 29, 2004

  2. LRatley104

    Jerry G. Guest

    I have a feeling something got hung up, as like many software's do. McAfee
    was taken over by another company. I think it is now Network Associates.
    They are very good from what I have heard.

    I myself have used McAfee on my computers here at home, and have no problems
    with it. When Internet Explorer 6.xx was first released, McAfee virus scan
    had some bugs with it. They made the fix in a very short while.

    From my personal experience, and what I see with our clients, McAfee has
    been working well without any faults that I can complain about. I also found
    Norton's antivirus, and also the one from Grisoft to be excellent. I would
    think that if you stay with any of the well known names there should not be
    any problems. The way that these programs work, I am under the impression
    that in the background these companies are all working together to help each
    other with their data files, even though they are very completive in their
    sales. They seem to be up to date with each other most of the time. They
    all offer very good service as well.

    The only complaint I have about McAfee is that when I visit their site, they
    are very heavy on advertising, large banners, and promoting many gadget
    utilities that I would never be interested in.

    --

    Greetings,

    Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
    WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

    "LRatley104" <> wrote in message
    I know people here are not fond of McAfee,but maybe someone will advise me
    anyway as I am giving it a 30 day trial. When I came online tonight, it
    started updating. Said it was downloading for about 10 minutes. Now the
    little green arrow in the tray is still blinking and it says it is
    installing.
    It's been doing this for 2 hours.Also usually when it installs it disables

    Jerry G., Jan 29, 2004

  3. LRatley104

    Sultan Guest

    LRatley104 wrote in news::

    > I know people here are not fond of McAfee,but maybe someone will
    > advise me anyway as I am giving it a 30 day trial. When I came online
    > tonight, it started updating. Said it was downloading for about 10
    > minutes. Now the little green arrow in the tray is still blinking and
    > it says it is installing. It's been doing this for 2 hours.Also
    > usually when it installs it disables itself and the red M in the tray
    > turns black. This has not happened tonight. I don't want to stay
    > online all night with this. Is it ok just to sign off and forget it
    > or what would you do?

    If you don't want to stay online, don't. If it balks you just need to make
    it wait until next time your on the net with more time to spare for it.

    Sultan

    Sultan, Jan 29, 2004