    collecting address's to frustrate the good users and
    friends of Microsoft?
    I would like to read your comments!
    Mikem, Oct 7, 2003

  2. Hi Mike

    Unfortunately, it is a very bad idea to post on public newsgroups using a
    valid, live e-mail address, as this does leave you open to being bombarded
    with spam. If you use Outlook Express to view and post to the newsgroups,
    change your e-mail address in the accounts options so that you won't receive
    automated spam.

    If you start getting an absolute deluge of spam because of postings to
    public newsgroups you might even want to consider junking this e-mail
    address and getting a new one (which you NEVER post on the newsgroups!).

    Regards,
    Andrew Stevens.

    Andrew Stevens, Oct 7, 2003

  3. Mikem

    rtark Guest

    I too have encountered this situation, now , how do we
    get rid of it? AVG finds it but doesnt clean it.

    rtark, Oct 19, 2003
  4. Mikem

    Phil Maceri Guest

    I also had the same problem for a hotmail email account I
    have. After roughly two weeks of getting those virus
    emails I set up the junk mail filtering settings on
    hotmail and had hotmail automatically delete anything
    categorized at junk mail. Thus far it has worked
    flawlessly.

    Phil Maceri, Oct 25, 2003
  5. Mikem

    Consultant Guest