    warning that takes me to the spy axe web site...

    is there any way i can fix my pc??

    thanks so much in advance...
    the_niner_nation, Dec 5, 2005

  2. the_niner_nation

    Trax Guest

    "the_niner_nation" <> wrote:

    |>Hi..I was happily surhing away and all of a sudden my PC went haywire..the
    |>upshot of it all is that there is definatly some sort of infection....a
    |>program called' spy axe' has forced its way to be installed on my pc and it
    |>is acting very strangely indeed.
    |>This has happened with Norton anti-virus 2005 running on a pc running win xp
    |>home edition.
    |>
    |>I have downloaded ad aware and done a scan, reboot my pc, but it's still
    |>there.
    |>
    |>each time i double click on Internet explorer icon, it launches a windows
    |>installer box for encarta 2006, a piece of software i own and have on my PC,
    |>and in the bottom left of my tool bar is a ' your computer is infected'
    |>warning that takes me to the spy axe web site...
    |>
    |>is there any way i can fix my pc??
    |>
    |>thanks so much in advance...

    download and run Process Explorer
    http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/ProcessExplorer.html

    Double click on the process(s), reading it's image, and command line;
    will tell you where to find them. stop the process and delete the
    file/directory.

    Run Regedit and search for the file name(s) deleting them as you find
    them.

    --
    Hubble DVD's - Free downloads
    http://www.spacetelescope.org/videos/archive/topic/dvd//
    Trax, Dec 5, 2005

  3. Hello,

    If you are looking for a simple to install, scan and reboot fix, you may
    wish to try Super Ad Blocker with SUPERAntiSpyware:
    http://www.superadblocker.com

    Super Ad Blocker is designed to be quick and easy for end-users with no
    complicated setup or configuration.

    On a technical side, Super Ad Blocker | SUPERAntiSpyware offers several
    unique features such as using a system level driver to delete detected
    items, so pests do not come back once detected and cleaned.

    Super Ad Blocker offers a fully functional 15-day trial. You can scan and
    clean your computer and then remove Super Ad Blocker if you do not wish to
    keep it. We do appreciate when users support our development efforts by
    purchasing the product :)

    If that does not find and/or remove the spyware/adware on your machine, you
    can submit a diagnostic and I will diagnose your machine for free and post
    the results back to the group and update our rules with anything found:
    http://www.superadblocker.com/diagnostic.html?id=nicks

    You may also wish to "see" what is running on your computer here:
    http://www.fileresearchcenter.com

    Nick Skrepetos
    SuperAdBlocker.com - SUPERAntiSpyware
    http://www.superadblocker.com
    http://blogs.superadblocker.com
    http://forums.superadblocker.com

    ** Please note that I am the author of the above programs and sites and I do
    have a vested interest in Super Ad Blocker, SUPERAntiSpyware and
    FileResearchCenter.com. You, the user, have no obligation to purchase the
    software and are free to try the software, clean/fix your system, and then
    uninstall.

    Nick Skrepetos \(SuperAdBlocker.com\), Dec 5, 2005
  4. the_niner_nation

    jils Guest

    if you're running win xp, do a system restore to a time when this piece
    of software wasn't on your pc.
    start, programs, accessories, system tools, system restore.

    jils, Dec 5, 2005
  5. the_niner_nation

    Max Wachtel Guest

    AKA the_niner_nation on 12/4/2005 in