    froze when it started scanning this file
    C:\_RESTORE\ARCHIVE\FS140.CAB>A0006761.CPY could someone please tell me if
    this is a virus or what the problem might be.thanks very much
    graeme-bj, Apr 17, 2004

  2. graeme-bj

    Boomer Guest

    "graeme-bj" <> wrote in
    news:40817599$:

    > hi, i was using etrust ez antivirus scan and a couple of times my
    > pc just froze when it started scanning this file
    > C:\_RESTORE\ARCHIVE\FS140.CAB>A0006761.CPY could someone please
    > tell me if this is a virus or what the problem might be.thanks
    > very much

    Hi

    It looks like a copy of a deleted virus or trojan in your C:\_RESTORE
    directory.

    I'd put it in the Recycle Bin and then do a AV scan.
    Boomer, Apr 17, 2004

  3. graeme-bj

    °Mike° Guest

    On 17 Apr 2004 in
    "graeme-bj" <> scrawled:

    > hi, i was using etrust ez antivirus scan and a couple of times my
    > pc just froze when it started scanning this file
    > C:\_RESTORE\ARCHIVE\FS140.CAB>A0006761.CPY could someone please
    > tell me if this is a virus or what the problem might be.thanks
    > very much

    Antivirus Tools Cannot Clean Infected Files in
    the _Restore Folder

    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Apr 17, 2004
  4. graeme-bj

    Stickems Guest

    Are you sure it froze? This file is very big so it could have just appeared
    to have frozen.

    Stickems, Apr 17, 2004
  5. graeme-bj

    graeme-bj Guest

    Yes it did freeze.i couldn't use the mouse then after a couple of minutes
    blue screen with"disk write error,unable to write to disk c".This happened
    with two files in the restore folder so i took them out put them in the
    recycle bin,did another virus scan and everything seems fine.What do i do
    with the files in the recycle bin,is it ok to delete them.Thanks for your
    help.
    graeme-bj, Apr 18, 2004
  6. graeme-bj

    trout Guest

    graeme-bj wrote:

    > Yes it did freeze.i couldn't use the mouse then after a couple of
    > minutes blue screen with"disk write error,unable to write to disk
    > c".This happened with two files in the restore folder so i took them
    > out put them in the recycle bin,did another virus scan and everything
    > seems fine.What do i do with the files in the recycle bin,is it ok to
    > delete them.Thanks for your help.

    (Please include some of the text to which you are replying. It makes
    the thread easier for everyone to follow: Tools, Options, Send, 'Include
    message in reply'.)

    If they're from the 'restore' folder; I'd assume that they are safe
    to delete. If you're not sure; you could rename them and put them away,
    somewhere, until you are; but it's *very* unlikely that you need to.
    --
    "Probably help; if you mentioned the file names."
    trout, Apr 18, 2004