    getting the emails proved I had swen, obviously not so. Is there no way to
    block unwanted messages? A simple, sensible answer please as there seem to
    be some really clever people out there over my head.
    miklol, Sep 26, 2003

  2. miklol

    Rob Guest

    http://www.techhowto.orghowto/sweninfo.html

    --
    Rob B

    Rob, Sep 26, 2003

  3. miklol

    Ionizer Guest

    Ionizer, Sep 26, 2003
  4. miklol

    Patrick Guest

    miklol wrote:
    > I have had am am still getting loads of the microsoft emails and have
    > run a removal tool from symantec which has not detected a virus. I
    > believed getting the emails proved I had swen, obviously not so. Is
    > there no way to block unwanted messages? A simple, sensible answer
    > please as there seem to be some really clever people out there over
    > my head.

    Please be advised to see, the page at the link below;

    Patrick, Sep 26, 2003
  5. miklol

    trout Guest

    miklol wrote:

    > I have had am am still getting loads of the microsoft emails and have
    > run a removal tool from symantec which has not detected a virus. I
    > believed getting the emails proved I had swen, obviously not so. Is
    > there no way to block unwanted messages? A simple, sensible answer
    > please as there seem to be some really clever people out there over
    > my head.

    No, getting the emails does *not* mean you are infected. And you
    won't be, if you don't open the attachments.
    As others have mentioned; 'munge' your address in newsgroups; so
    that it won't be available to viruses (or spam-bots). As you're already
    getting them; this may take a while to make a difference. And it will
    make *no* difference if a computer is affected that has your address in
    the address book.
    Now to avoid receiving these emails, use Message Rules.
    Go to Tools > Message Rules > Mail > New.
    Here is an example, posted by Ron Martell:
    Ron Martell's Message Rules:
    [paste]
    Where the message body contains 'This is the qmail program'
    or 'Undelivered message to'
    or 'I'm sorry to have to inform you that I wasn't able to deliver your
    message'
    or 'I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message'
    or 'Undeliverable mail to'
    or 'all known security vulnerabilities'
    or 'Undelivered mail to' or 'Undeliverable message to'
    or 'I'm sorry I wasn't able to deliver your message'
    or 'Undeliverable to'
    or 'I'm afraid the message returned below'
    or 'Undelivered to'
    or 'An e-mail delivered to you contained a virus'
    Delete it
    and Stop processing more rules
    [end paste]
    This is what he's been successfully using. You may need to add more
    phrases, as the virus evolves; but this should give you the general
    idea, and cut down on what you're receiving, now.
    --
    "Good luck."
    trout, Sep 26, 2003
  6. miklol

    Larry Guest

    test

    Larry, Sep 27, 2003
  7. miklol

    Larry Guest

    test

    Larry, Sep 27, 2003
  8. miklol

    Boomer Guest

    Larry wrote:

    > test

    [snip]

    Hello

    Please use a TEST group to post test messages. um.test --->

    The purpose of *test* newsgroups is to allow users to test
    their news software and servers without annoying others.

    FYI http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/testpost.html

    Thank You :)
    Boomer, Sep 27, 2003