    GoBack but it would not revert to a time prior to the infection.

    Any help gratefully appreciated.
    Stuart Reed

    Stuart Reed, Apr 29, 2005

  2. Stuart Reed

    Buffalo Guest

    "Stuart Reed" <> wrote in message
    news:OToce.8086$...
    > I have acquired Trojan.Vundo.B (Object Name:
    > C:\Windows\REGIST~\cabplay.dll)
    >
    > I have followed the Symantec removal procedure in Safe Mode, including
    > regedit, without success. I also tried reverting my hard drive with Norton
    > GoBack but it would not revert to a time prior to the infection.
    >
    > Any help gratefully appreciated.
    > Stuart Reed

    What OS are you using?
    If your OS has a 'restore' feature, the virus is probably in the restore. You
    would have to disable that feature and then follow Symantec's procedure.
    To check, see where the ' virus ' is found.(its path should tell you)

    Buffalo, Apr 29, 2005

  3. Stuart Reed

    Ionizer Guest

    >I have acquired Trojan.Vundo.B (Object Name:
    > C:\Windows\REGIST~\cabplay.dll)
    >
    > I have followed the Symantec removal procedure in Safe Mode, including
    > regedit, without success. I also tried reverting my hard drive with
    > Norton
    > GoBack but it would not revert to a time prior to the infection.
    >
    > Any help gratefully appreciated.
    > Stuart Reed

    If you paid attention and *properly* followed the instructions David
    Lipman and others are giving you in one of the many other groups you've
    posted this question to, you'd be well on your way to removing this
    Trojan.

    HTH and HAND

    --
    Ian.