    will pick up a virus.
    --
    the Wizard

    =?Utf-8?B?a2luZ3R1dA==?=, Nov 21, 2005

  2. I would have tried Avast, but I really like NOD32. I even paid for it (okay,
    the company paid for it)...

    Dennis Gordon, Nov 21, 2005

  3. AVG, NOD 32 are also compatible.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Nov 21, 2005
  4. I'm with you.
    Avast 4.6 rocks!
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Nov 22, 2005
  5. Great Dennis, guess there are two that work. I'll have to look at NOD32 and
    see if I like it. As for now, the Avast is really a nice program, verbal
    notifications on updates and viruses found. Put it on my wifes XP Home
    edition replacing Norton and it picked up one it missed.
    --
    the Wizard

    =?Utf-8?B?a2luZ3R1dA==?=, Nov 22, 2005
  6. eTrust AV 7.1 is certified by CA on x64 and receives full support. I use it
    and have no issues.

    Colin Barnhorst, Nov 22, 2005
  7. I use TrendMicro ver 7.2 and it works well

    =?Utf-8?B?RGlvbnRl?=, Nov 29, 2005
  8. =?Utf-8?B?a2luZ3R1dA==?=

    Rob Wilkens Guest

    Thanks, I downloaded it (It's free from my ISP, Cablevision - optonline.net)
    and now have virus protection here in x64.

    -rob

    Rob Wilkens, Dec 1, 2005
  9. =?Utf-8?B?a2luZ3R1dA==?=

    Barb Bowman Guest

    Are you sure it is eTrust and not EZTrust? They are two different
    products from the same company.

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP

    Barb Bowman, Dec 1, 2005
  10. =?Utf-8?B?a2luZ3R1dA==?=

    Rob Wilkens Guest

    It's called:

    "eTrust EZ Antivirus"

    -Rob

    Rob Wilkens, Dec 1, 2005
  11. =?Utf-8?B?a2luZ3R1dA==?=

    Rob Wilkens Guest

    I should add it's probably free because eTrust is from Computer Associates,
    and their headquarters is just down the L.I.E. about 10 miles.

    Rob Wilkens, Dec 1, 2005
  12. =?Utf-8?B?a2luZ3R1dA==?=

    Barb Bowman Guest

    unfortunately that is a different program than the one that is
    supported on x64.

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP
    Expert Zone Columnist

    Barb Bowman, Dec 1, 2005
  13. =?Utf-8?B?a2luZ3R1dA==?=

    Rob Wilkens Guest

    And oddly.. it works.

    >>> http://blogs.digitalmediaphile.com/barb/

    Rob Wilkens, Dec 2, 2005
  14. The EZTrust AV from the Home user division of CA does not work on x64. The
    eTrust AV 7.1x from the Small and Medium Business group is certified and
    supported on x64.

    Colin Barnhorst, Dec 2, 2005